Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through the Best Advice/Compliment thread and noticed that a lot of people are told their babies are the happiest or most content babies someone has ever seen.

With my own two girls (4 years and 4 months), I'm also told this often. It's interesting to see that even though we get critical or upset with each other at times, we must doing some things right as a virtual and real-life community.

**I know many of us have babies that aren't always cheerful and smiling and I'm not putting down any of our mothering or babies in any way. I just found that correlation and think it's great. I think we're all doing the best we can and seeking ways to be even better. I think this is a great community for like-thinking mothers and fathers and am glad I found it.** Keep it up mommas!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
For the first few months, I had a horribly unhappy baby. It was a lot of work, since I could never put her down. Now she's 4.5 months and so happy! I like to think all that work I put in paid off.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The naturopath doctor we see sometimes, often comments that our little boy is the happiest baby hes seen. I didnt think he was *extra* happy or anything, just a normal content little boy, so there must be an awful lot of unhappy babies put there.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
My mom will slam everything we do as parents, but smugly admit that indeed DS is an extremely happy baby. I'm talking happy to the point that when he DOES cry, we freak out because something MUST be truly wrong. He never cried as a newborn, was never colicky, etc etc... I honestly credit co-sleeping, breastfeeding, and especially babywearing to my son's easygoing ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts