Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a first degree tear this time around. Last time I just had a really bad "skid mark". I was feeling great but yesterday I started to feel like I might of split it back open. My bleeding has gotten a bit worse and is now much more red/ pink, compared to before. When i pat to dry down there I don't get any blood on the TP on my vagina opening, but get bright red blood when i pat my perineum.<br><br>
My midwife comes today... I think. I feel queasy thinking about it. I have been trying to take it easy but my 3 year old is having melt downs every 30 minutes and is getting into everything. DH has been trying to be helpful but I still have a lot of time alone without him, and he goes back to work on Monday. Maisie won't even be a week yet.<br><br>
I am starting to wonder if I have reopened the tear how it will ever heel.<br><br>
I am just feeling a bit stressed, and wondering if anyone else has split themselves back open from doing too much?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
had a couple of days in the first week where I had bleeding from my tear. I don't think it reopened as it was so new I don't think it even healed closed yet. I think I probably aggrivated the stitches. I too had some more bright red bleeding and it felt a little more tender those days but then it passed. when I take a shower and wash down there I don't feel the stitches anymore and everything feels as it should (nothing hanging down or loose). I think you're ok but if you want peace of mind do contact your mw.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm curious to know if this happens occasionally - I am 2 weeks pp and am only now staring to feel a bit better down there... I had a look this morning and I could see a few stitches... they looked loose...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts