Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have had these before, but lets get a new one going.

Who are you?
What would make you want to come to an MDC meet?
Anything else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for starters...
I'm darlene. I have one child, chloe who is just about 4. I am alwyas busy! But I try to squeeze some fun in here and there. As long as a meet up is close to public transportation, we are there!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Rachelle here, Mama to Chase who is 7 & is a major handful, we are a wild & crazy family!! I love music, tattoos, cars & reading. Im fat, loud & have a sailors mouth. I am a unitarian universalist & I do lots of volunteer work for the SIDS Foundation of WA & my Sons school. I also *try* to take part in some way with all the social justice & tolerance activities here in town. Most of you know all this crap about me so I won't go into anymore detail.

I will come to any MDC event as long as its not over 90 degrees... I can not take this damn heat!!!! It's awful!!!! I need central air damnit!!!!

Anything else... YES!
I miss you Darlene!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I miss you too! If I didnt feel so
: I would say we should find somewhere cool to hang out at, or even just hang out in my basement for the day tomorow.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
My name is Ivory, and I am mama to 7 month old Elinor (Ella) and partner to Tom. We are both students out at EWU - I am finishing up my Creative Writing degree this year and Tom is finishing his English Lit/Journalism/Teaching degrees. I also work part time at my MIL's quilt shop, and am lucky enough to be able to take Ella with me every day. When I'm not doing all of THAT, I try to be involved in activism, primarily focused on women's rights, but this has taken a back seat while I figure out how to balance school, work and family.

I would love to get a monthly (?) MDC mama's group together, as it gets lonely being the only cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding, baby wearing, crazy hippie mama I know sometimes. I do have one good friend here in town who shares our values, but she is escaping to the west side soon, so I need a new network! Haha. I can't say we will make it to every meetup (like yesterday, I had to mind the shop while MIL taught a class), but we will certainly try.

Now I will quit talking about myself.
Really.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Ivory,
Just wanted to say hi! How are you and Ella doing?
Allison

Wish I could join in on the roll call but we had to move to the "other side" LOL

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm Leetah, Mom to 4 year old Avian. I'm a hairstylist. I can usually make it to get togethers, as long as I'm not working. I don't know what else to say....

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm Lisa, mom to Fielder (9) and Paige (16 mos).

I can't stand this heat either! On top of that Paige has been battling a fever (I think its teething) the past few days so she's been extra cranky.

I say we should meet up in September at a park. One with toddler toys, Paige has been diggin' the toddler climbing toys lately, if there's not a toddler toy she'll try to tackle the bigger one.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Who are you?
Lanna. Rhymes with banana.
Ds1 Alex is almost 3, ds2 Nick is 12 weeks old tomorrow.
We cloth diaper, breastfeed, I homebirthed Nick, I have horrible allergies, our garden is out of control in a good way, I *love* my mei tai, my dad's finished with his radiation but is still taking chemotherapy for his cancerous brain tumor, our car is too small, our house has too much shag, and we need a king-sized bed. Oh, and I'll be busy cannig when things start really ripening later on. How's that for random info?

A/C (esp. right now - it's 82 in our house *with* a/c on!) and fences or walls. Alex *will* run headlong into traffic. He's almost succeeded a few times. Having (yummy) food involved would be nice, too.

Anything else?
Anyone know any crunchy-type people over in my neck of the woods? I desperately need more friends and ds1 needs more kids to play with. Every time we're around random kids for more than 30 seconds, ds1 gets all excited chanting "kids! kids! kids!" and squealing his excited little head off like we don't let him out of the house or something.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Allison! Hope you are getting used to the west side - You are in Vancouver now, right? Spend some time in the Gorge - I lived in Stevenson/Skamania for 4 years and miss it so much. Ella, Tom and I are doing great - Ella is starting to get mobile, so we are rushing around to babyproof. We are buying a house soon, so we had hoped she would just wait until we moved and we could babyproof the new house from the get go, but she doesn't quite agree. That cat/fan/thumb tack is way too cool to not go get. :p
How are you adjusting to having three now? Are you doing any doula-ing with the little one being 5 month (already?)
Hope you are doing well!
Ivory

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Hi I am Aimee. Marah Jade is going to be 3 in September. I am a project manager for a bank and there are times when I have to travel and so GTG's depend on my schedule. It is hard for me to do things on the weekend sometimes because they are so packed but if I have warning I can usually do it.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmonter

Anything else?
Anyone know any crunchy-type people over in my neck of the woods? I desperately need more friends and ds1 needs more kids to play with. Every time we're around random kids for more than 30 seconds, ds1 gets all excited chanting "kids! kids! kids!" and squealing his excited little head off like we don't let him out of the house or something.
Where in Idaho are you? We go to Idaho a lot since it is so close. Most of the crunchy people I know are here in Spokane and Chewelah but we are not opposed to doing Idaho activites if they are close by.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Who are you?
I am Jess, mom to Abby who is 7, Genevieve who will be three next week, and Lillian, who is 17 months. We live about halfway between Spokane and Tri-cities, so I hang with the MDC mommas from both! We live on a huge cattle and wheat ranch. I bf, cd, sling, and really struggle with GD.

Good food and like minded mommas.

Anything else?
Hope to see many of you camping next weekend!

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyttlewon
Where in Idaho are you? We go to Idaho a lot since it is so close. Most of the crunchy people I know are here in Spokane and Chewelah but we are not opposed to doing Idaho activites if they are close by.
Hayden. 5-6 miles north of the I-90/Hwy 95 interchange.

If anybody does want to come over, let me know (mostly so I can put on a bra and/or take a shower).
I can crank up the a/c in the kitchen, and put fresh water in the raft (dh blew up an old raft of his and it's now ds1's 'pool').

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Melinda here! Mama to a 3 year old and a 1 year old! We moved this summer from Asheville NC...thrilled to bits to have found the MAMAS group that meets on the South Hill on Friday mornings, but always happy to crash other crunchy groups too

My hubby is a computer programmer wanting a career change. He is considering opening a holistic bookstore somewhere (maybe the South Perry District) or finding something else a bit more meaningful than the IT world. He is also an extreme lactivist (me so proud) and has designed these super cool shirts: www.milkwise.com

Lanna, I just met a cool mom in Post Falls (nursing at a Farmer's Market is a dead give away)...I will PM you her info too

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fireflies~for~me
Lanna, I just met a cool mom in Post Falls (nursing at a Farmer's Market is a dead give away)...I will PM you her info too

Funny you say that because a few weeks ago I had ds2 in the mei tai, was nursing him, trying to hold on to my slippery-as-an-eel toddler's hand while trying to write a check for organic beef with the other hand at our Farmer's Market. I must've been quite a sight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi everyone
I'm Melanie, 35, SAHM to 4 boys and one little princess. I BF, 1/2 time CD, co-sleep (me and dd in one bed and dh and 2yo ds in other room)
: stopped vaxing 2 yo ds at a year, no vax for dd, mamma to 6 just the way God made them boys, baby wear when it isn't 100 DEGREES outside, christian, love to hang my clothes on the line, frugal, love a good bargan, love to thrift shop, yard sale,(kind of hard with two babies) spoil my kids rotten, love to read, like to sew diapers, try to eat healthy, would rather take my kids than find a babysitter, play bunko, house is messy most of the time... Hum? can't think of anything else. Oh, would like to meet other mammas that want to be arround their kids
: (I have friends that don't.) BTW I would like to host a play group next week at my house. Let me know if your interested.
Melanie

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Hey mama's, quick question: Which, if any, farmers markets in the area have a good supply of organics? I used to shop at Peach all the time, but never seem to make use of the Abundance boxes since the shop has closed, and just need a market where I can pick and choose, preferably locally grown. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
That would be awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by melshanezach
I would like to host a play group next week at my house. Let me know if your interested.
Melanie

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melshanezach
BTW I would like to host a play group next week at my house. Let me know if your interested.
Melanie
I would depending on the day and time.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts