Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that new Luvs commercial so silly. The one where the woman says how lucky they are to have a gardner and a personal hairdresser and it shows her kids being cute. and then she says they use luvs and it feels cashmere like, and it shows the baby falling on his butt and it looks so thin, how could that not hurt him, he needs a big cd butt to protect him. I had never really thought about dipes and the ads until I stumbled on this site. Now the sposies just look cheap and horrible.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
There was a commercial that ran in the summer and it also had some print ads. I can't remember which company it was from but the woman was talking about having protection from leaks and it showed a toddler who was a little flower girl in a wedding. Her little dress was short so it could show off her cute print disposable diaper.

I would not want to see an icky disposable diaper underneath a flower girls dress. That one always made me think of all the cute cloth you could get for a flower girl.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2orionplus1
LOL! It is so funny you posted about it. When they said it feels like cashmere, I almost fell off of my chair. Apparently the makers of Luvs have never tried a Kiwi pie.
:

I thought the very same thing when I saw that commerical!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Yeah, all that plus Luvs are some of the crunchiest dipes out there (crunchy- plasticky, not crunchy-granola, lol!) Even during the few months Devlin was in sposies
, I couldn't bring myself to buy the cheap, crinkly sposies with the tape tabs. I bought Pampers because they crinkled the least and seemed the softest (but they stunk to high heaven, so there's just no winning there!
: ) I think there's HUGE advocacy work to be done among the moms who are looking for that "cashmere" feel - show 'em the real thing, and they'll never go back!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I also think it is funny how one of the comercials, forgot which one, says how thier disposable baby wipes have a "cloth-like feel". How about using real cloth instead of paper that has a cloth like feel!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.