Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babybugmama
So Ms. Bear - What's your favorite season and why?
I LOVE fall (autumn) because I love the colours and the cooler air after a HOT summer. I love being able to go for a hike and not feel like I'm swimming in sweat.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthgirl
Hi, Lizabear!

What is your favorite thing about yourself? What are you most proud of?
There isn't a whole lot I even like about myself lately, so it's difficult to pick a "favorite" thing. I really don't know how to answer that.

Most proud of ? That I was able ot birth both of my children in truly natural births, even though not one person in my family (aside from DH) was supportive of even attempting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naughty Dingo
Lizabear, do you like to do any creative stuff? And how do you get your kids to be so darn cute in all your pics
ND
I enjoy photography, and writing, reading, and sewing - I would say that they are all creative in thier own ways.

My kids look very much like my DH, and not so much like me. That's how they're adorable !

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess_n'_the_bean
what advice would you pass on to first time mamas that you wish someone had told to you during your other pregnancies?

Is there anything new you have learned this time around?
Advice for first time mothers : It doesn't matter how many books you're read, how many classes you've taken, how many people you have spoken to, or how much you have prepared - your pregnancy, labour and birth will NOT be textbook perfect. And that is OKAY !

Learned ? That an unexpected unassisted birth can total freak out your doula, and she may not tell you until you request her presence at your next birth.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hi, LizaBear!

Would you intentionally have a UC? Why or why not?

Do you have any fears about birth now?

How long have you and your DH been together and how did you meet?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:
Would you intentionally have a UC? Why or why not?
Intentionally calling our midwife in "late" is pretty much the plan. Whether that garners a 2nd unassisted birth or not will depend on the weather. Midwife may be there for the end of the delivery, or may not make it at all. We'll see how I feel that day, and how labour progresses.

Quote:
Do you have any fears about birth now?
My biggest fear about this birth isn't to do with the birth itself, but rather with the weather. With a 2-yr old and a 4-yr old, I'm worried that even our doula may not make it, and DH will be busy with the kids while I have to labour alone.

Quote:
How long have you and your DH been together and how did you meet?
I met DH during Labour Day weekend of 1999. For a couple of months before that, I had been very casually dating a guy - Mike. We'd realized that romantically we weren't a good match, but had remained friends. At the time, I lived right beside the fairgrounds in my city - and Labour Day weekend is our city fair. So, Mike shows up and asks if I'd like to go camping with him and his buddies. Of course - camping with friends is a lot more fun than listening to the noise of the fair. Well, that weekend, Mike introduced me to Brad. 3 weeks later, Brad accompanied me to a family wedding, and started then spending every weekend at my place. We got an apartment together in April 2000, and got married in May 2001.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
So you're not going to be able to have your mom or anybody come help you? Can you get a temporary mother's helper to watch your kids? That'd be tough!
s

Also, what's your favorite part of being pregnant? Of a newborn?

Do you like bears? How did you choose your user name?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:
What are some of your favorite traits (personality or physical) of your current children?
My son is very curious, always asking questions and hunting for answers to something. He keeps me on my toes already about trying to find ways to answer his million questions a day.

My daughter is a dare-devil. She walked early and pretty much moved straight to running and climbing. I admire her spunk - she just takes the world by the horns and holds on for whatever comes her way

Quote:
So you're not going to be able to have your mom or anybody come help you? Can you get a temporary mother's helper to watch your kids? That'd be tough!s
We have hired a doula to be with us during the birth. But no, pretty much as soon as baby is here we're on our own. If baby comes on time, DH only gets 3 days off work before he has to go back. There is no money for a mother's helper or anything of that sort. Thankfully Christmas vacation is soon after that, and DH will be home a little more than a week then.

Quote:
Also, what's your favorite part of being pregnant? Of a newborn?
I LOVE being pregnant. Feeling the baby moving and squirming is just amazing. It's like my little secret from the rest of the world. And it's about the only time I am happy with my body anymore.

Quote:
Do you like bears? How did you choose your user name?
I love teddy bears - though not enough to collect them. Liza is part of my middle name (Elizabeth).

Quote:
What,for you, is the *most* rewarding thing about being a parent?
Watching my children learn has by far been the most rewarding thing for me. It is just amazing to see when something 'clicks'

Quote:
How,if at all, has motherhood changed you?
Being a mother has changed a LOT about me. My patience has increased incredibly, my tolerance level for pretty much anything. I've also come into being able to stand up for myself finally, instead of being a doormat.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:
What is the strangest craving you've had? the strongest?
None really this time, which is strange enough in itself.

Overall though - the strongest was for some particular dry cereal while I was pregnant with Owen. I don't remember now what it was though. Kept me awake ALL night too.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
What attracted you to your partner?

How did you get started APing?

What's your weirdest habit?

What's the one place you absolutely have to go before you die?

Were you a wild teenager?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Do you want to have a big family?

It's funny because I met my dh in early Sept. 1999 and was in a relationship (that wasn't working) with a guy named Mike at the time. Weird. Our stories change after that point.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Quote:
What attracted you to your partner?
Everything ! He's sweet, funny, gorgeous

Quote:
How did you get started APing?
I simply could not imagine raising a child any other way, though I didn't have a name for it at the time. I was spanked, screamed at, humiliated, etc - I knew I was NOT raising my family that way.

Quote:
What's your weirdest habit?
Incessant scratching, for even the smallest amount of itch. Drives me nuts because then I not only have ITCH, but PAIN as well.

Quote:
What's the one place you absolutely have to go before you die?
PEI - I so desperately want to vist Green Gables (yes, even now after it's been rebuilt)

Quote:
Were you a wild teenager?
Not expecially. Didn't drink, didn't smoke, no drugs. Had a boyfriend my parents hated though - and when I was 18, I moved across the country with him. Skipped school a little too much one year, but managed to keep my grades decent (not great, but okay - wasn't failing anything). Kept my first job for over 3 years, volunteered at the local hospital for a while.

Guess I was more of a goody-goody than anything else, if you discount the boyfriend.

Quote:
Do you want to have a big family?
We'd like 4 children. In our families, and most of the area around here, that is a pretty big family. Even with this being our 3rd we're starting to get snide little comments and such. Ah well.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Hi!

Tell us about your children's names. Why did you choose them and do they fit their names now?

What is your favorite tree?

If you had a whole day (or afternoon, even) to yourself, no responsibilities, no housework, nothing, what would you do?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do you feel that you are more nervous about this pregnancy than your previous ones?

Do you think you are having a boy or a girl (or maybe you actually know, I can't remember!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.