Premium Member
859 Posts
Do you know the gender of the baby?<br>
Names?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Are you having a good, low-stress pregnancy?<br><br>
Are you originally from Maine? (That's one of my favorite places to visit.)<br><br>
Where are some places you've visited that you just loved?<br><br>
What do you find most challenging and alternately, most rewarding about being a mom?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi everyone!<br><br>
Thanks for the great questions. Okay here it goes.<br><br>
I currently live in Maine and love it. We have a small "farm" on 10 acres where I grow flowers and veggies in my spare time. Haahaa spare time. I am not originally from Maine but dh is. I grew up in NJ, and got out as quick as I could then I found Maine! And Maine feels a lot more like HOME than home does.<br>
This pregnancy has been wonderful. Pretty low stress and no complications...knock on wood. Everyone laughs at me when I tell htem I love being pregnant. Just some back pain so far...thank god for hot baths and massaging hubby.<br>
My ideal birth is at home, around 8 hours, and of course a healthy baby. We are planning a home birth, with our midwives, and an aqua doula. THis is our first so we really don't know what to expect. I definitely have those birthing belly dancing hips, so hopefully they will work. Ideally it would be great to take a walk in the snow in early labor and we hope to bake a birthday cake for the baby to distract ourselves in early labor. Then labor in the tub, breathe, relax, and push squatting outside of the tub.<br>
We do not know the sex of the baby...why spoil one of the best surprises in your life! We haven't been very good with names, we have a couple in mind, but we hope to spend a day or two alone with the baby and figure out what he/she wants for a name.<br>
Some of my favorite places in Maine...hmmm so hard to pick a few! Of course hiking katahdin is always incredible, we love our secret swimming holes on Mount Desert island and the midcoast area. Belfast is a fun town! Oh and of course, Monhegan island!<br><br>
Have a wonderful last couple of weeks everyone! Keep the questions coming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts