Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the first Spotlight thread! We'll be doing these threads every week so that we can get to know each other better. Please join in and ask questions of our spotlighted sisters in gestation - you never know what you might find out!
(If you are interested in participating yourself, sign up in the stickied thread at the top of the DDC.)

This week we get to find out all about Ben's Mommy. I am lucky enough to already know that Sandy is an amazing, vibrant, caring woman. We traveled the long and sometimes hard road to #2 together and I am so excited to be in the same DDC as she is!

So Sandy, here are the first questions for you:

If you could live anywhere in the world (money/work/housing not being an issue), where would you go and why?

What are your hobbies?

Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing differently during this pregnancy (other than of course bringing your little one home)?

Can't wait to hear all about you!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi Sandy!

What was your first birth like?

What are you plans for this baby?

Do you have a gender preference, something you would secretly wish for?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Where do you live?

When is your brithday?

Do you have any names in mind?

How did you share the news with DH/SO? What was his reaction?

Who all have you told? Is there anyone you don't want to tell?

What is in your CD player right now?

What was the last non-animated movie you saw?

Can you describe your physical self to us?

Have fun in the spotlight

Keri

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hello ladies! I'm a little nervous being the first one spotlighted, but here we go!

If you could live anywhere in the world (money/work/housing not being an issue), where would you go and why?

I don't believe I'd choose any one place but instead travel the world! My dad grew up in Africa, so I'd probably start there and visit his childhood home.

What are your hobbies?

Hmm, my favorite hobby is scrapbooking!

Is there anything that you are looking forward to doing differently during this pregnancy (other than of course bringing your little one home)?

I would like to eat better (not that I ate bad on my last pregnancy, I just indulged myself one too many times).

What was your first birth like?

Hmm, that's a very LONG story but in short I was neglected during labor, didn't receive the epidual I wanted, pushed for 3 hrs at 10cm, episotimy, suction, then c-sec 2 hours AFTER the preceeding events. This time around I'll hopefully be a vbac with no epidural. I've learned quite a bit after finding MDC after my son's death.

What are you plans for this baby?

Birth plans or life plans?
Birth plans: hopeful vbac (NO birth/labor interventions if at all possible)
Life plans: raising my baby into a loving and caring individual

Do you have a gender preference, something you would secretly wish for?

A Boy. Ever since I had Ben, I can't see myself with anything but boys! (Yes, apparently I'm crazy!)
:

What is your fondest childhood memory?

Spending every summer in Nevada with my grandparents. We would ride horses, motor bikes, and catch gophers out of the alfalfa fields! Ooh, I also loved waking up early with my grandpa to go change the sprinkler lines on the fields.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Where do you live?

Maryland for now. Hopefully West Virginia before March! (We're currently in the process of building our house there.)

When is your brithday?

July 1

Do you have any names in mind?

Right now just Daniel for a boy. I'm sure that will change about a hundred times because dh can't make up his mind!

How did you share the news with DH/SO? What was his reaction?

I jumped in bed while he was just barely waking up and said "I'm pregnant!" Dh: "No you aren't" Me: "Yes I am." I had left the hpts on the bathroom counter, so after his morning bathroom visit he finally believed me. FYI: We were about to start our IUI cycles in September, so this was a WONDERFUL suprise!

Who all have you told? Is there anyone you don't want to tell?

Let's see....All of mine and dh's immediate family. My friends (all 4 of them). One friend at work. Everyone here at mdc! The extended family will find out after my first appt. There is no one I wouldn't want to tell.

What is in your CD player right now?

A mixed CD that my friend made for me. It has a wide mix from Prince to Beck to Alanis Morisette to Nickel Back. You couldn't tell by that cd but I love country music!

What was the last non-animated movie you saw?

Pirates of the Carribean!

Can you describe your physical self to us?

Petite, 5'4", light brown hair, hazel eyes and I've been described as freakishly strong.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought of one more question. How did the timing of this cycle and conception correlate with Ben's anniversary? Feel free to disregard if you don't want to answer.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I thought of one more question. How did the timing of this cycle and conception correlate with Ben's anniversary? Feel free to disregard if you don't want to answer.

I O'd June 30, so I was pg on his anniversary and didn't know it. Funny thing was that even though we have been trying FOREVER, I thought to myself that now that we're past Ben's 1st b-day it would be OK for me to get pregnant. I think it was a wonderful present from Ben.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
What's your favourite meal?

How long have you been with your dh?

Describe your house/apartment.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
What's your favourite meal?

Crapes for breakfast!

How long have you been with your dh?

Dating 4 years, married 7 in August!

Describe your house/apartment.

Ha! I currently live in my parents basement while we build our house in WV. The house will be a cape cod.

Oooh, tell us more about your upcoming move - why WV?

It's lots cheaper that MD! We'll have an acre and a half and river access!

How many children do you want?

3 to 4

What kind of work do you do?

I used to be a banker, but now I'm an administrative asst at a nursery. A plant nursery not kids!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
This is fun! Well, I'm off to bed for the evening but I'll check back in the morning and then be back in full force after I get of work tomorrow!

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
What part of Maryland do you live in now, and what part of W.V. are you moving to?
I ask, cuz I'm in northern A.A. Co. Maryland, and my parents live right outside of Charles Town, WV.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hey Ben's Mommy

What's your favorite color?

Are you having any pg symptoms yet?

Do you plan to find out the sex of your baby before he/she is born?

Which of your five senses do you value most?

If you could fix one mistake you made in the past what would it be?

How did you meet your dh?

Do you like/dislike living in your parents basement (I did that, too, for awhile
)

Hmmmm....that's all I can think of
So glad you're here in our DDC

·
Registered
170 Posts
A few more...

What are the best mothering decisions you have made so far?

What parts of your life or events are you the most proud of?

Do you have a motto? Or words you live by? If so, what are they?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I have a few more questions

What part of Africa did your dad grow up in? (My mom lived in Morocco for a while when she was a kid.)

What's your favorite part of your job at the nursery?

What will you miss most about Maryland after you move?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok here's one...
When you blow out candles on a cake or see a shooting star do you always make a wish and have you told anyone your wish?
Have you ever stayed up all night to see the sun come up?
Do you have any pets?
How many home pg tests if any did you do?
That's it for now

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
What part of Maryland do you live in now, and what part of W.V. are you moving to?
I ask, cuz I'm in northern A.A. Co. Maryland, and my parents live right outside of Charles Town, WV.

Currently in Frederick but moving to Falling Waters. Either way I'd say we live fairly close together!

What's your favorite color?

Blue.

Are you having any pg symptoms yet?

Nope. Just hungry ALL the time! I have a feeling the tiredness will kick in any second!!

Do you plan to find out the sex of your baby before he/she is born?

Yup. Dh is an impatient man.

Which of your five senses do you value most?

Probably my sight. I can't imagine living without being able my beautiful babies!

If you could fix one mistake you made in the past what would it be?

I would of learned a LOT more about labor and childbirth to hopefully prevent what happened to my son. Too many 'what if's' run thru my head everyday.

How did you meet your dh?

We worked at a nursery together. It was our after school job in high school.

Do you like/dislike living in your parents basement (I did that, too, for awhile )?

I do like living here temporarily. My dad and I are really close and we go for walks every day and chat about things. I will miss that when I leave. But it's still not the same as having your own place. Ya know?

What are the best mothering decisions you have made so far?

Deciding to have a baby?........

What parts of your life or events are you the most proud of?

I am the most proud of having my beautiful baby boy, even though he only lived a few days. It was the most incredible thing dh and I have ever done, hands down.

Do you have a motto? Or words you live by? If so, what are they?

I don't think I have a motto? I'll have to think on this one for a bit.....

What part of Africa did your dad grow up in? (My mom lived in Morocco for a while when she was a kid.)

Rawanda.

What's your favorite part of your job at the nursery?

Getting the mail!
It's always fun checking to see if we got any $ in the mail. Then my next favorite part is going to the bank and visiting my old coworkers there. (What a sad little life huh?)

What will you miss most about Maryland after you move?

Not much because I'll still be living really close and can visit any time! We're only about 30-45 minutes away from my parents and only about 5 minutes away from the border.

When you blow out candles on a cake or see a shooting star do you always make a wish and have you told anyone your wish?

I have made wishes before (not always), but I don't think I've told anyone the wish.

Have you ever stayed up all night to see the sun come up?

Nope. Too sleepy!

Do you have any pets?

Yes! 3 cats, 1 dog and a chicken.

How many home pg tests if any did you do?

MANY! Around 10. Mostly they were internet cheapies but two were the digital. I just like seeing those words....You're Pregnant!

Ok, off to work. Be back this afternoon! You guys have some tough questions!
Just wait till it's your turn!
(just kidding!)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Here's a couple more:

Do you plan on babywearing? If so, what kind of carrier?

Do you or DH have any traits that you hope to pass on to your baby?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Here's one. . .

What five words would you use to best describe yourself?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts