Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Bexo, it's your week to shine - tell us a bit about yourself.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you work outside the home?  Do you have kids already?  If so, what do they think about the upcoming baby?  Are you getting excited?  How has this pregnancy been for you?</p>

·
Registered
326 Posts
<p>Thanks! Hi Everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Q: Do You Work Outside the Home?</strong></p>
<p>A: Yes, on a part time basis. I was the doula coordinator for a hospital, but I stepped down from that role shortly after I announced this pregnancy. I still volunteer at the hospital as a doula once a week, and I teach Bradley classes once a week at a freestanding birth center which I love.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Q: Do You Have Kids Already?</strong></p>
<p>A: Yes. I have 2 sons, ages 3 1/2 and 20 months. We're currently trying to potty train DS #1 so we don't have THREE in diapers!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Q: What Do Your Kids Think About the Upcoming Baby?</strong></p>
<p>A: My youngest is too young to notice or to understand what is going on. My 3 1/2 year old is also too young to really "get it," though he will say "there's a baby in mama's tummy" and he comments that my tummy is getting bigger. I like that my midwife really gets him involved at my appointments - letting him take my blood pressure, etc. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Q: Are You Getting Excited?</strong></p>
<p>A: Yes and no. I'm excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl (we're waiting to be surprised)...I'm excited to see what this baby looks like...I'm excited to not be pregnant anymore....but we're also FINALLY sleeping through the night in our house, and I'm loving the structure and the routine. I find newborns always brighten the home, but I still struggle with the lack of schedule/consistency which comes along with them since I nurse on demand, don't let them CIO, etc. But I am really excited about the birth (homebirth), and I'm excited to meet our baby. We've even hired a birth photographer, and I have an awesome husband, midwife, and doula :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Q: How Has This Pregnancy Been for You?</strong></p>
<p>A: It's been really similar to my other two. Horrible morning sickness from weeks 7-20, and then I've felt great since. Seems to be a pattern for me. The stage I'm at right now (29 weeks) is my favorite stage of pregnancy if I had to choose (I don't really love being pregnant, I just love babies)  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts