Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm SOOO sorry this is late! I've been slammed with school, house guests, etc.

This is your thread,
Chase_mommy!

You can say anything you want, and answer whatever you feel comfortable with...and nothing you don't. Have fun!

EDD: July 28, 2010
Name: Ali
Family (partner, other children, etc): I am married to my best friend. We have 2 children together. DS is 5 and DD is 21 months.
Gender preferences/inklings: Honestly dont care what we have. A girl would be more convenient since we have all of our little girl clothes but I have a feeling its a boy. We will not be finding out the sex, it is going to be a true surprise. There are so few of those in this world.
Names you like: Willow, Ellie, Lincoln and Hatter - DH veto's most of my favorite names!
Birth Plans/Preferences: I have two awesome OB's who are absolutely great. However, we are planning an Unassisted Birth. Fingers are crossed that all will work out so we can.
Anything else you'd like to share: This pregnancy was a huge surprise. We wanted another baby but we planned on waiting another year or until I lost some weight. Unfortunately, I am starting this pregnancy with less than an ideal weight. I am hoping that I dont turn into an Umpa Lumpa before this is all done.

A couple to get you started:

What are you craving?

How are you feeling?

Guilty pleasure?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Don't worry about it ArtsyHeartsy, I'm not that interesting anyways.

Cravings~ I really don't have any. I actually don't have much of an appetite these days. Eating has became a chore and it really sucks!

Feeling~ I have more energy than I did during the first trimester but I still am pretty tired and lazy on most days. I also am very emotional. That part is equally annoying. Choking back tears and taking bathroom crying breaks are getting old and fast!

Guilty Pleasures~ Well that would have to be a soda a week (maybe two
). The weird part about that is I haven't drank soda (prior to being pregnant- maybe soda should be on the craving list?) for over a year. I know how bad the stuff is and decided to cut it out. However, I am thinking that these recent headaches are associated with the soda so I am going to have to give them up. Not such a bad thing though.

·
Registered
504 Posts
During pg, if there something I REALLY want, and I indulge, it tastes like the most awesome thing ever concocted. If you've got a heightened taste bud thing going on, I say enjoy it while you've got it!

Sorry to hear that so-called 2nd tri energy boost hasn't kicked in. I have the excessive crying thing, too. Bleh.

Have you made any special preparations for babe? (or bought any clothing, etc.)

Do you other DCs know about the pg and what do they think?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Is this your first UC?

Will both of your other children be present for the birth?

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by queenofchaos View Post
During pg, if there something I REALLY want, and I indulge, it tastes like the most awesome thing ever concocted. If you've got a heightened taste bud thing going on, I say enjoy it while you've got it!
Trust me, if it sounds good, I do eat it! Thats the only way I am eating anything. Sadly, whatever I put into my mouth just tastes bad, no matter how good it sounded in the first place. Recently, I have rediscovered my juicer and I am able to drink juice really well. I am going to go get so spinach, chard and some other fruits and veggies and just make my diet of mostly juice. I suppose I should get some protein poweder... that just sounds SO nasty though!

Quote:

Have you made any special preparations for babe? (or bought any clothing, etc.)
No so much, as of now. I will get a fishy pool come spring and I am about to order some shepherds purse so I can make my own tincture. Most of my prep will come closer. I will make sure I have raspberry leaf tea ice chips and have in the freezer for labor, some nice ice pads for after the delivery and little nice things like that. I am also tying to convince DH of letting my buy a serger so I can make diapers quicker but I don't know how thats going to turn out. I just talked him into a Ergo for DD.
I really want that stinken serger though! I have a lot of clothes left over for DD and DS so I really have no need for anything. I'm sure once baby is born and we know him/her I will pick up something special for them. I do plan on knitting a blanket, booties, hat and to buy some wool soakers but I haven't had time for that. DD and DS birthday is in March so I am busy making things for them... then the garden, ahhh... I don't know if I'm going to have time for any of that!

Quote:

Do you other DCs know about the pg and what do they think?
Yes they know and DS is super excited. When I told him that I was pregnant he said "Oh thank you mom, I am SO proud of you!" and then looked at DH and said "Good job dad!"
He is so funny! He is always asking 'how big is the baby?' and loves the weird vegetable/fruit comparison. When we had an ultrasound the tech asked him 'what do you think the baby is going to look like' and he said 'a lemon.' DS also tells everyone that I am pregnant. It's kinda of funny. We will be at the store in line and someone will ask him how old her is and he will say "5 and my mom is pregnant." Of course I get the obligated 'congratulations' but I still think its funny to watch their reactions. As far as DD goes, she pats my belly and says baby but I don't think she really gets whats going on her, I hope this doesn't shock her to much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amynf1 View Post
Is this your first UC?

Will both of your other children be present for the birth?
This is my second attempt at a UC. With DD, I had it planned and had everything. DH was blowing up the birthing pool when I felt something wasn't right and went to the hospital. I was shaking uncontrollably, throwing up and got scared. I also had my mom telling me something was wrong and I needed to go, so I did. Looking back I can't decide if it was or wasn't the right decision. I was scared (I think that was most of my problem) but on the other hand I hemorrhaged and had to have Pit. However, the Dr. had constant tension on the umbilical cord to deliver my placenta quicker, could he had peeled it off and causes the hemorrhage? That is something I will never know. Anyway, this time I have gone into this process and have dealt with/dealing with any fears that I may have. I think I am better prepared for this emotionally.

Yes, my children will be present. DS want to catch the baby and as long as I birth in the water I don't see anything wrong with that. I am sure he will be by my side during most of it. DD on the other hand, I am hoping my mom will come and keep her occupied. I really don't think I will feel like sharing the birthing pool with her as she gets crazy in the water. I think it would just be nice to have her doing other things and let her check in every now and then and then to be there at the birth. All that is just a wish. In reality DH will probably be taking care of the kids and I will labor myself with the help of my dula (which I love) so I am at peace with that arrangement.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
This is my second attempt at a UC. With DD, I had it planned and had everything. DH was blowing up the birthing pool when I felt something wasn't right and went to the hospital. I was shaking uncontrollably, throwing up and got scared. I also had my mom telling me something was wrong and I needed to go, so I did. Looking back I can't decide if it was or wasn't the right decision. I was scared (I think that was most of my problem) but on the other hand I hemorrhaged and had to have Pit. However, the Dr. had constant tension on the umbilical cord to deliver my placenta quicker, could he had peeled it off and causes the hemorrhage? That is something I will never know. Anyway, this time I have gone into this process and have dealt with/dealing with any fears that I may have. I think I am better prepared for this emotionally.

Yes, my children will be present. DS want to catch the baby and as long as I birth in the water I don't see anything wrong with that. I am sure he will be by my side during most of it. DD on the other hand, I am hoping my mom will come and keep her occupied. I really don't think I will feel like sharing the birthing pool with her as she gets crazy in the water. I think it would just be nice to have her doing other things and let her check in every now and then and then to be there at the birth. All that is just a wish. In reality DH will probably be taking care of the kids and I will labor myself with the help of my dula (which I love) so I am at peace with that arrangement.
It sounds to me as if you listened to your instinct and inner wisdom, which is exactly what you should do when you birth, whether UC or otherwise. Good for you! And good luck this time.

I'm planning to have my 27 month old at my HB. I really can't picture the birth without him there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.