Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotlight on @dahlia810! Ask your questions!

I'll start with the first question to get things rolling:

How did you stumble upon mothering.com?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I was ttc my first child, and had TONS of newbie questions! I had browsed the typical yahoo forums but liked how the ttc boards here were such a community, and everyone genuinely cared about one another. So I stuck around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
How satisfied were you with your past birth experiences and what is your vision for this birth (if you have one)?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I had a hospital birth with my daughter and I actually really enjoyed my experience. My ob is very sweet, and the nurse staff was incredible and very supportive and uplifting. I labored (mostly back labor) without medication until I was 8 cm, and then I requested an epidural. My daughter was born around 2 hours later, absolutely perfect! I'm seeing the same ob this time, and I plan to go as long as I can without medication, but I'm open to using it again. I just envision a birth where I feel calm, in control, and peaceful- the way I did with my first

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I love to read, I used to paint and draw but haven't had much time for those recently I like dreaming up redecorating ideas for our home, and shopping haha. Oh and I also like gardening! I have plans for a little veggie patch this summer.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I've kind of mentioned the baby to her, but she doesn't understand yet. I'm thinking that maybe once I'm showing and she's interested in my belly I can talk to her more about the baby. I honestly have very little idea how to go about it!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have you considered doing anything new or different with this babe?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
This might sound weird, but I'm going to try to get this baby to accept pumped milk from a bottle. My daughter would never take a bottle, and it would be nice to be able to leave the house with less stress if we need to!

Reactions: Erica13

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oh man. I'm gonna have to go with giraffes! They're just so awesome haha. I also love owls! And my cat.

I'm an animal lover, it's hard to choose

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love animals too, so I getcha there! What topic on mothering.com intrigues you most? I.e. Natural living, case against circ, vaccinations, etc.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I really enjoy reading attachment articles, especially from nurshable! I'm doing my best to wait it out with my daughter, and plan on the same for this baby.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Do you have a lot of support from family or friends?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Support in what way, haha? My parents are very supportive and helpful, as is my husband (usually lol). As far as friends go, I have a few semi close friends who are either pregnant or new moms. None of them are what I consider similar minded to me though. They all formula feed and kind of discount breastfeeding as being unimportant. I do have friends that I consider close, but they live pretty far away. One I met on here when I was ttc my daughter!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Another red head would be adorable! Although I'm brunette, so it might also be kind of nice for people to think this baby resembles me, haha. I'd bet on red hair though, and petite like my first.

·
Registered
684 Posts
@dahlia810 Thank you for mentioning nurshable.. I had never heard of that website before but I just checked it out and love it! Falls in line with my beliefs perfectly. I had never heard of WIO but that's what I'm doing with my DD too. So nice to read these articles, especially on a tough day. :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
@sarahl918 I stumbled on nurshable last spring, and I love it so much!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts