Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to your Spotlight, Tara!! Tell us about yourself and details on your pregnancy!

How far along are you?

Do you know the sex of your little one?

Describe your home.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Do you have a name/names picked out for baby? Was it a hard choice?

·
Registered
770 Posts
How far along are you?
i'm now 29w1d. wow, i can't believe that the end is sort of almost here!!!

Do you know the sex of your little one?
no, we like to leave somethings in life as surprises; although, i've certainly wanted to know at times. for some reason the temptation to know has been much stronger with this pregnancy than with dd.

Describe your home.
our home is about 100 years old, two storey, about 1200 sq feet. the main floor is the living room, dining room, and kitchen, with a mud room at the back and main floor laundry (so nice!!). upstairs we have three bedrooms and an addition which is our office (since it's not connected to the central air, just has baseboard heating, it gets freezing cold in there in winter), and the lone bathroom. dh's dream is to renovate the attic to a master suite and we are in the process of finishing the basement to make it a playroom. we like lots of color (living room is yellow, dining room is orange, our room is green, for examples) and simple, functional, fun furniture.

What are your hobbies?
i like ultimate frisbee, reading, scrapbooking/cardmaking, being outside, camping, having a nap

Do you have family near?
my parents live just under 10 minute drive away. in winter, we drive and in summer, we bike. my folks are super helpful and love to have us over to play with dd.

Do you have a name/names picked out for baby? Was it a hard choice?
no names yet. dh and i have a hard time agreeing on names. with dd we didn't come up with any solid options until about 3 days before she was born. i, of course, think that dh should just side with me

What's your favorite weather?
hmm, that's a hard one. i like pretty much most weather except for heat (ie. over 25 celsius). other than that; snow, sun, fall, spring, winter... it's all good!

If you want to indulge yourself, what do you do (bon bons, bubble bath, hike in the mountains, etc)?
another hard one... it seems like i don't really get much opportunity since i'm still working full-time and come home to an 18 month old. but, pedicures are nice once/twice a year. maybe a massage? being outdoors; anything outdoors is also nice.

·
Registered
770 Posts
How did you meet your dh? How long have you been together?
dh and i met in sept 2000 while on a one year school program. we started dating feb. 2001, and married may 2003.

What line of work are you in?
i am a physiotherapist in a rehabilitation hospital working with neurolocomotor conditions like stroke, head injury, multiple sclerosis, etc.

Where the best place you've ever camped?
last september we drove out to the east coast and camped along the way. that was highly enjoyable. i really like quebec and michigan. new brunswick could have been nice but it was raining the whole time so i'm not sure. by the time we hit michigan, all the leaves were turning color and it was so beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.