Discussion Starter #1
EDD: mid October, ff says Oct 16<br>
Name: Jess<br>
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4th post-partum cycle<br>
What number child is this for you: 2<br>
Family: DH, 14 mo DS joy of my life, Pearly dog and Spidey cat<br>
Baby's Sex: I predict all boys for me but I'm not finding out!<br>
Names you like (& are willing to share): can't say them out loud yet...<br>
Birth Plans/Preferences: another wonderfully natural birth with my favourite midwife in our birthing centre, same as DS only a bit shorter would be great!<br>
Anything else you'd like to share: YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how was your first birth?<br><br>
how has your son been reacting to the pregnancy?<br><br>
favorite season?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Oh goodness, my turn! Thanks for posting this blue butterfly, I wouldn't have even thought to look at the schedule. When I signed up it seemed soooo far in the future, but here we are!<br><br>
how was your first birth?<br>
AMAZING. At least, that's how I remember it! I laboured at home for just over 24 hours then went to our birthing centre, a place I absolutely love and feel verycomfortable, and DS was born all naturally there. I had very little pain throughout and really enjoyed the experience. It was just so exciting, I remember thinking that all along. Of course, I had my moments of desperation but they're long since forgotten now! A few days later, I found out that had I been at any of our local hospitals, DS would have been a c-section due to my long labour, the fact that I pushed for 3 hours, he was stuck behind my pelvis for quite a while and his heartrate de-celerated. All things that my midwives took in stride but that are way against the rules in hospitals here. I feel very very lucky that I was in the right place at the right time.<br><br>
how has your son been reacting to the pregnancy?<br>
At 17 mos, he's too young and has no idea, though lately he's become obsessed with my belly button, which is really cute.<br><br>
favorite season?<br>
Hmmm... I live somewhere with four very distinct seasons and I always have. I think that this gets into your biology - I find everyone here is always looking forward to the next season. Two weeks into summer, we can't wait for fall, etc. We're programmed to need the change so it's hard to have a favourite. But if I had to choose, I'd say fall. Summer is so stinking hot and humid that I just love those days that finally have a crispness in the air. Spring is nice at the end of a long winter but there's so much work to do - the yard and gardens, etc. Besides now I will have two fall babies so I have to love it over all other seasons!

·
Registered
330 Posts
How did you and DH meet?<br><br>
How has this prenancy been the same or different from your first?<br><br>
Have you had any strange cravings?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
How did you and DH meet?<br>
A friend of mine met him and they started dating ages ago. The relationship went sour fast but they hung on trying to make it work over a few years and even bought a house together. I didn't have feelings for him at the time (not my usual bad boy type) but I started to really sympathize when I saw how badly my friend was treating him. She ended up cheating on him and then it all finally fell apart. I went through a terrible break up at the same time and we started hanging out together more after that. We were best friends for a year doing all sorts of adventurous stuff together then finally - a full year later - it finally dawned on me that I was in love with him! I kissed him that night after a big gala opening for an art show of his paintings in a gallery. Coincidentally, it was Valentine's Day. The rest is history...<br><br>
How has this prenancy been the same or different from your first?<br>
Two big ways - first is that it hasn't been as all-encompassing and obsessive as the first. I feel a bit like an old hat at this now and also I am so much busier with a toddler to chase around and a busy full time job. In that way, time is going by faster and it's not quite as special but in a comfortable, familiar way. However, I've been much much sicker and I didn't think it was possible to be more sick than I was the first time! I was hospitalized with HG for much of March and then a scary thyroid issue developed. All is well now but March and early April were some of the darkest weeks of my life.<br><br>
Have you had any strange cravings?<br>
Not really. I'd say that the strangest thing is that my cravings are exactly the same as with DS, I find that so weird! Canned peach slices, canned pineapple slices and Chef Boyardee. At least there's some fruit in there but it's not my usual style of healthy eating at all!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
What do you do for a living? How long have you been doing it? Do you like/love it<br><br>
What do you like to do as a family?<br><br>
What would you love to do by yourself if you had no chores, no toddler, no work, and no DH around for a day?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
What do you do for a living? How long have you been doing it? Do you like/love it?<br>
I work for a very large environmental organization. I'm a project manager and it's a fairly typical office job but I work with biologists and environmental policy folks so the subject matter is absolutely fascinating. My group's area of focus is protecting species at risk under the Canadian equivalent to the US Endangered Species Act.<br>
However...my background and education are actually in fine art. For seven years directly after university, I ran my own company designing and manufacturing one of a kind area rugs (similar to old fashioned hooked rugs but living room size). I left that four years ago after getting burnt out and when DH wanted to quit his job for his turn at self employment. I landed my current job quite by fluke. I do really like it, it pays well and the benefits are awesome (a year of mat leave with my full salary!!!) but I would like to get back to my art - either textiles again or painting or furniture design (probably all three!) soon. DH's businesses are now doing really well so I will be quitting my job in September to SAHM and then start something creative again when the kids and I are ready.<br><br>
What do you like to do as a family?<br>
We go for a lot of walks in the forest around our house. We live on the edge of a national park so there are miles and miles of trails and beautiful lakes for canoeing, etc. We also love just going for lunch at one of our local coffee shops and hanging out quietly together. DS enjoys quietly playing with cars at the table while we read the paper. I have a huge group of mom friends and we often get together for potlucks and hikes with our kids. I also do yoga, build furniture from time to time and there's always lots of home improvement projects on the go around our place (currently it's cleaning up the perennial gardens, finishing a huge new front deck, and digging a bonfire pit).<br><br>
What would you love to do by yourself if you had no chores, no toddler, no work, and no DH around for a day?<br>
Oooh good question! Probably paint. It's been amost five years since I've painted on a regular basis. I completed a big commission just before Christmas and it was such a joy, it really got my brain bursting with ideas again.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would love to see pics of your art work if you don't mind sharing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts