·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AKA SecretlyPregnant

This week, you will tell all...
Here's a few to start off with:

1. How many dc do you have already?

2. Do you have any expectations/hopes on gender this time? Are you planning to find out sex if you have an ultrasound? Do multiples run in your family?

3. What sort of birth are you planning? Would you care to tell us a bit about your past births?

4. Where did you grow up? Do you have any/many siblings? Are you close with your family of origin?

5. What is your favorite food to eat? To cook (and eat
)?

6. What sort of symptoms are you currently experiencing? How far along are you? Has this pg been the same/similar to your others so far?

7. Are you a sahm, wahm, wohm...? What about your dh? sahd, wahd, wohd?

8. What sort of music is this baby likely to hear most while in utero?

9. What is your favorite birthing book?

10. Without taking into account costs, what is your dream vacation with your children? What about your dream vacation w/o them? Would you take your dh on your childless vacation?

11. Have you told your family about your pregnancy yet?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Do you like sushi?

Are you romantic?

If you could have a week paid vacation anywhere, where would you go?

What is your favorite dessert?

What languages do you speak?

Heels and perfume or jeans and tshirt?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
OMGosh!!!! I didn't know it was my turn already
Sorry I've been MIA, y'all I have been trying to get my kids ready for school. We have always homeschooled and this year my son asked to go to school, so we're trying it. I have been all weepy and emotional today, so this is actually a really nice distraction.

So I'll try to answer some of these questions...I must admit I feel a little shy, but it's kinda fun, too

Quote:

1. How many dc do you have already?
I have 3 kids right now...all boys

2. Do you have any expectations/hopes on gender this time? Are you planning to find out sex if you have an ultrasound? Do multiples run in your family?
I am really hoping to have a girl this time...we used the Shettles method so it's possible. BUT, my husband's family is chock-full of boys, so
we'll see I guess. We will be finding out the sex this time and I am really excited about that. We didn't find out last time and I loved the surprise, but I just want to know with this one. As far as multiples, I wouldn't say they run in my family. One of my sisters was a twin, but her twin died at birth. My mom is adopted though so we really don't have any family history before her.

3. What sort of birth are you planning? Would you care to tell us a bit about your past births?
We aren't really sure what we will do this time. I really want to homebirth, but I want to make sure the baby is healthy before I make plans. I have had such a variety of births in the past. #1--failed induction leading to C-section. #2--hospital VBAC with an epidural and a *nice*(insert heavy sarcasm) episiotomy. #3--lovely homebirth with no tears or cuts

4. Where did you grow up? Do you have any/many siblings? Are you close with your family of origin?
I grew up in AL on the Gulf Coast, and still live here. I have 3 wonderful sisters who are my very best friends...couldn't stand to be without them. And yes, I am close to my family. In fact, dh and I live next door to my parents...my kids love it.

5. What is your favorite food to eat? To cook (and eat )?
Hmmm....food. Not my favorite subject right now
I love Mediterranean food, usually. As far as favorite things to cook, I am more of a baking fan myself. I love to bake cookies, and cakes, and breads with my kids.

6. What sort of symptoms are you currently experiencing? How far along are you? Has this pg been the same/similar to your others so far?
I am having lovely MS-at-random-times right now. It seems to be at its worst first thing in the morning and in the evening. Honestly, it isn't as bad this time as it has been in the past, so I feel I shouldn't complain...but I'm a weenie so I do
I am 10 weeks today.

7. Are you a sahm, wahm, wohm...? What about your dh? sahd, wahd, wohd?
I am a SAHM, and my dh is a civil engineer.

8. What sort of music is this baby likely to hear most while in utero?
Whatever the boys ask to hear...they have all these mix CDs that my sister made for them. A very wide variety of artist and genres.

9. What is your favorite birthing book?
I liked reading Having a Baby, Naturally and A Good Birth, A Safe Birth. But my favorite book about birth was Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent

10. Without taking into account costs, what is your dream vacation with your children? What about your dream vacation w/o them? Would you take your dh on your childless vacation?
I would love to travel the world with my kids, and let them learn by experience. I can't think of one particular place that stands out. As for a vacation for me and dh...I would love to go back to the B.V.I. We went to Virgin Gorda on our honeymoon and it was so amazing. I would love to go back.

11. Have you told your family about your pregnancy yet?
yep, we told...and everyone has been happy for us so far. Only one person has said, "you know what causes that right?"
:

I have to go pick up my boys from school, now, but I'll come back and answer more in a little while

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ok, I'm back again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben's Mommy
What's your favorite movie?
I'm not sure I have a favorite, but there are lots that I like a lot. Some of the ones I really like are Chocolat, Walk the Line, Hitch, The King and I, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Tombstone.

How did you tell your dh?
I didn't. After I had known for 3-4 days...he finally said " um, you're acting weird. is there something you need to tell me?"

Who have or haven't you told yet?
We've told all of our families, but we still have lots of friends who don't know b/c we haven't seen them in a while.

What color is your hair?
Very dark brown.

What color undies do you have on right now (if any)?

White with pastel flowers

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie
Do you like sushi?
I've actually never tried it before. I would like to...everyone I know loves it

Are you romantic?

If you could have a week paid vacation anywhere, where would you go?
I would love to go to China.

What is your favorite dessert?
Anything with dark chocolate

What languages do you speak?
English and Southern

Heels and perfume or jeans and tshirt?
Definitely jeans and tshirt...but I kinda wish I was a heels and perfume girl.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I hope it's ok that I respond like this...I can't figure out how to quote multiple posters in one post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamonamon
What is your most frequented MDC forum/board? How did you find this place?
I think I visit TAO the most...but I spend a lot of time reading other peoples posts and just
: I found mothering in 2000. I was researching cloth diapering and ran across the forums. I've been hooked ever since

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotusdebi
You're a superhero!
What's your name and power?
Captain Chaos! Able to produce mass chaos anywhere, anytime!
What does your costume look like?
It's never the same twice and it never matches

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it's a great way to respond -- and besides -- it's your thread!

So what is your baby dipe stash going to consist of? Any certain brand/WAHM or mama made?

You named several of my favorite movies! You should try Under the Tuscan Sun, and A Lot Like Love

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MotheringHeart
Do you believe in a higher power?
most definitely

What is your favorite saying about life?
Life's Amazing! (My dad always says this
)

What is your favorite saying about parenthood?
I don't really know any sayings about parenthood. But I read once something like "It is no small thing when those who are so fresh from God love us." I thought that was beautiful and very true.
By the way, I LOOOOOVVVEEE your location

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkg
Do you watch television? If so, what is your favorite show?
yes, we do...though not much. I tend to like reality shows (
) like American Idol and Project Runway.

If you could impart any bit of wisdom to your children, what would it be?
That's a really good question. Be kind--to yourself and everyone else. Be joyful and loving. Lean on others when you need to and support others in their time of need.
:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaCAS
Favorite sayings? Or words you live by? Mottos?
"Life's Amazing"...this covers many situations, actually
And when I'm feeling defeated I say "This too shall pass."

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamonamon
I think it's a great way to respond -- and besides -- it's your thread!

So what is your baby dipe stash going to consist of? Any certain brand/WAHM or mama made?
Well I already have 3 dozen Luke's Drawers newborn contours that I loved with my last baby...they're still in great shape. I did a lot of WAHM AIOs with babies 2 and 3, but I think mostly we'll do prefolds b/c of their simplicity once baby outgrows the newborn dipes. We always used wool at night, but I would love to get some cute soakers and longies for everyday use this time

You named several of my favorite movies! You should try Under the Tuscan Sun, and A Lot Like Love
I've seen Under the Tuscan Sun and thought it was great! I will have to put A Lot Like Love on my list to see.

Oh, and I loved Love, Actually.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.