Mothering Forum banner

Spotlight on **Mavournin**!!!

925 Views 34 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Mavournin
(Yeah, I'm a day late, but hey. I took DD to the beach and it was great.)
Everybody say hello to Mavournin!
So are you ready to answer some questions now!

What would you do if you had a whole day to yourself?

Any interesting dreams lately?

How are you feeling these days?

What's your gut feeling on this baby's gender?

What have you been craving?

Do you have any pets?

How did you find MDC?

What is your favorite smilie?

I may thing of more later, but this'll get you started!
See less See more
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Hi Mavournin!

How many children do you want?

Where do you live and why?

How many times have you moved in your life?

What is your favorite dessert?

What is your favorite food to cook?

Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
See less See more
What would you do if you had a whole day to yourself?
Hmmm... The yarn store? Sleeping? The choices are endless!

Any interesting dreams lately?
I had one where I gave birth to the baby alone in my Dh's aunt's house. In the shower. But by the time I got down the hall to show Dh, the baby had disappeared.

Oh, and a lot of sex dreams...
:

How are you feeling these days?
Better! I think the heat was really taking it's toll on me

What's your gut feeling on this baby's gender?
You know, this time I really don't know. I think girl, but then I get this nagging feeling that I'm missing something. I just hope it doesn't mean two.

What have you been craving?
Popsicles

Do you have any pets?
One very fat and lazy cat named Miles

How did you find MDC?
I found Mothering first, through my MIL who is a midwife. I bought the magazine for years before I even got pg, then one day after Dd was born I was on the website and stumbled onto MDC.

What is your favorite smilie?

How many children do you want?
Four. But I think this one (#3) will be my last.

Where do you live and why?
Central/Southern New Jersey. Because it's cheaper than Manhattan. We got to the point where we couldn't afford a bigger apartment and I needed to be near Philadelphia anyway so we moved. Dh works in NYC, so it's still commute-able and much much cheaper.

How many times have you moved in your life?
I have lost count. Let me try... I've had 14 different addresses. But within that I have lived at one place more than once with other places inbetween. So my actual moving truck count is higher.

What is your favorite dessert?
Probably pie. I like pie.

What is your favorite food to cook?
Lately? Nothing. In general probably sweets, or soup. I like experimenting with soups in the winter.

Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
Easy. Either Ireland or waaaaaaaaay Upstate NY, in the St. Lawrence valley.
See less See more
Ok, lets see....

Describe your physical self to us...

Are you more of a girly girl or a tom boy?

Do you have any brothers and sisters?

What's your favorite movie?

What color underwear do you have on right now?

Where was the last place you went on vacation?
See less See more
What is your favorite book?

To which fictional character (book, movie or TV) can you most relate?

If you could have dinner with any 5 people, living or dead, who would they be?
Describe your physical self to us...
6' tall, red hair, yellow eyes (seriously), overweight - but tall enough to hide most of the bulk...

Are you more of a girly girl or a tom boy?
Very much in between. Though I can use tools like no one's business! Most of our total bathroom renovation this past year was done by me alone.

Do you have any brothers and sisters?
An only child.

What's your favorite movie?
Diva

What color underwear do you have on right now?

Lime green!

Where was the last place you went on vacation?
New Paltz NY, to visit family
See less See more
What Sex in the City Character are you and why?
Hi Mavournin!

What is your favorite childhood memory?
What was your favorite toy as a child?
How did you choose your user name and does it have a meaning?

Where did you grow up?

HOw would you describe your childhood?

Do you work outside the home? Doing what?

Do you have words you live by or favorite sayings? What are they?
You're a superhero!
What's your name and power?
What does your costume look like?
well dang here i go again with Do you like sushi?

What is your favorite cuisine?

Which combo of smileys desrcibes you best?

What is your favorite music artist/group?

Can you come over and make me some garlic eggplants right now? Im REALLY STARVING DANGIT.

gotta go!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobs
:
I'm just a fan.

Hi, G!
See less See more
How's the remodeled bathroom treating you?

If there was one cancelled/ended TV series that you could bring back, what would it be?

How long did you TTC for this one and how did that compare to your TTC timeline for your other kidlets?
Oh geez! I can't keep up!

From jkg:
What is your favorite book??
That is so hard. I have so many! I love The Red Tent, and I return to it a lot, and since it's been on my mind lately I'll just say that one.

To which fictional character (book, movie or TV) can you most relate??
I have to wuss out and say I don't know. But I promise to come back with a real answer later.

If you could have dinner with any 5 people, living or dead, who would they be? Margaret Atwood, my paternal grandmother, Jeanne Parvati Baker, and my good friends Karen and Augustine.

Dang woman! You come up with some good questions!!

from coffeetastesgood:
What Sex in the City Character are you and why?
Miranda. I can be jaded and defensive to the world around me. But still really vulnerable and insecure underneath.

from Astromom:
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Trying to make perfume in the springtime. I would collect all sorts of blossoms from around the yard - forsythia, tulips etc. and put them in my big yellow beach pail add garden hose water and stir and stir and stir.
What was your favorite toy as a child?
Barbara Ann. A little doll in a blue dress who played a song on a windup in her back. It makes my heart melt that Dd now plays with and loves her as much as I did as a kid.

from lotusdebi:
You're a superhero!
What's your name and power?
What does your costume look like?

I'm BirthGirl! I educate the masses on birth.
I wear a shirt with a picture of a scalpel, forceps and episiotomy scissors with the international NO symbol through them.
(This isn't far from the truth. I'm starting to teach childbirth ed. at a local hospital. But I don't wear the shirt.
)

from ILoveMySofie:
well dang here i go again with Do you like sushi?
Love it. Sushi is one of the things I miss most about living in NYC. Mmmm... spicy scallop rolls...

What is your favorite cuisine?
Indian. I have a big curry addiction.

Which combo of smileys desrcibes you best?
:

What is your favorite music artist/group?
Right now I'm listening to Imogen Heap a lot. But I think my all time favorite will always be The Nields.

Can you come over and make me some garlic eggplants right now? Im REALLY STARVING DANGIT. Well, I'm having issues with cooking food (not eating it though!), but in the effort of pregnancy solidarity I'll say I'll try.
See less See more
How's the remodeled bathroom treating you?
Fabulous! It's so nice to not shower in mold anymore!

If there was one cancelled/ended TV series that you could bring back, what would it be? Friends. It was my true guilty pleasure.

How long did you TTC for this one and how did that compare to your TTC timeline for your other kidlets?
About 14-15 months, but real time with that was shorter since I rarely ovulated. But really, this pregnancy was a true surprise. I wasn't even thinking about getting pregnant in June, I was too busy working at the hospital. The other two? Totally and completely unplanned.
See less See more
oops! sorry MamaCAS!

How did you choose your user name and does it have a meaning?
Mavournin means "my darling" in Gaelic. I use Mavournin everywhere, my email, my blog, here. It's just easier to be consistent.

Where did you grow up?
South Jersey, about a 1/2 hour from here. I never thought I would live in Jersey again and here I am...

HOw would you describe your childhood?
Good. I knew that I was surrounded by love, and even though my parents got divorced when I was 7 and it was a huge blow I seemed okay. It was later - preteen and teen years that were really hard.

Do you work outside the home? Doing what?
Not anymore. I used to work at a small boarding school (where I actually graduated from) doing alumni work. I was that person who sent you letters asking for your annual donation. Now I'm focusing on starting a WAH business and doing childbirth ed at the hospital. It's an ideal out of the house job. Only at night for a few hours a week.

Do you have words you live by or favorite sayings? What are they?
Not really.
See less See more
How do you pronounce your username?

Who did you live with while you were growing up? (when not at boarding school...) How long did you go to boarding school? Where was it located?

Who's your favorite relative and why? (DH and DC don't count for this question) Who's your least favorite?

Ever been hospitalized, outside of anything to do with pregnancy or childbirth? For what, and how long?
Have you done much travelling? If so, where have you been?

How did you meet your spouse? How did he propose?

How were your previous pregnancies/births?
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.