Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm not sure that jess is still hanging around, and certainly don't expect her to remember that she's my host. We'll miss her around here and I'm so sorry that she's gone.

But, I'm bored at work today... well, most days, and this is my chance to be an attention hog, so, ask away ladies.
:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Do you have any boy/girl feelings?

Will you have a u/s to confirm?

Do you have an fav names yet?

How did you tell dh that you were pg?

What was his reaction?

Ok, enough from me.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
OK I'm in a silly mood from debating with people all morning, so don't expect anything TOO deep here:

1) Are YOU drinking the water? :p
2) What kind of cloth diapers did you/are going going to get? Are you going to scrape the poo into the toilet before washing them? How do you think your decision will affect Vancouver's water supply?
3) Do you plan on finding out whether it's a girl or boy? What would you prefer? (Remember: if you pick boy, you're more likely to get pee-in-the-face - does this factor in your decision?)
4) Who, besides your DH, was the first person you told about your pregnancy? What was their initial response?
5) Which side are you on -- coffee/caffiene drinker or avoider? If you've been drinking it, does the water look like coffee BEFORE you pour it into the coffeemaker? (OK that's the last water question, I swear).
6) What food and drink (other than water) have you been craving the most during your pregnancy?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any boy/girl feelings? Yes, I think boy...

Will you have a u/s to confirm? Nope, we've (DH and I and MWs) that unless there is a good reason to, we won't be doing an ultrasound. If there's a reason to do one medically, then we will, and if we find out then, so be it, but we'd like it to be a surprise.

Do you have an fav names yet? To be honest, last night was the first time I even cracked open the baby names book we bought. I am totally stumped right now. I got half way through the girls names and didn't find even one that appealed to me, so if this is a boy I hope I don't have the same trouble in the boy names!

How did you tell dh that you were pg? "Ooooooooooh, loooooook, two lines!" He was sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to come out of the bathroom. It was our first month "trying" and we both knew I was pg, so it wasn't a surprise to either of us.

What was his reaction? He took pictures of the positive stick.
Oh, and gave me a hug and a kiss.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) Are YOU drinking the water? :p You mean the "tainted" turbid water? Yes. I grew up on water that was highly infected with coliforms. My gastro-instestinal tract can handle just about anything. We also live out in the burbs so we get our water from the "clean" reservoir, but even if we didn't, I'd still drink it. I've had a whole litre so far today..... I get in my 2L a day usually, my MIL laughed at me when I said I was just ensuring I had enough amniotic fluid!

2) What kind of cloth diapers did you/are going going to get? Are you going to scrape the poo into the toilet before washing them? How do you think your decision will affect Vancouver's water supply? Oh my! Well, so far I have a fitted one and an AO2 that I made and my mother has offered to do a diaper service for us for the first 3-6 months. After that I'll probably do fitted with covers. While breast feeding, no, I won't scrape poo, I hear it comes out in the wash just fine. After that, well, probably! How will it affect the SUPPLY? well, it'll be an extra few gallons every time I flush! Seriously though, we're looking at putting in a sandpoint to water the garden in the next year or two before they force us onto a water meter, so in the long run we'll be less of a drain on the water supply, it'll come out of our land and go right back in!

3) Do you plan on finding out whether it's a girl or boy? What would you prefer? (Remember: if you pick boy, you're more likely to get pee-in-the-face - does this factor in your decision?) Not finding out if we can help it, and yes, I'd prefer a boy at this point. My SD is starting puberty....
: and no, pee in the face doesn't factor into my decision, long term goal type person here

4) Who, besides your DH, was the first person you told about your pregnancy? What was their initial response? My friend Steph, we don't see each other often and we were having breakfast and I just couldn't NOT tell her! She was shocked but happy for us.

5) Which side are you on -- coffee/caffiene drinker or avoider? If you've been drinking it, does the water look like coffee BEFORE you pour it into the coffeemaker? (OK that's the last water question, I swear).
You're hilarious. I am a caffeine avoider at the moment. I was an addict for several years (to caffeine!!!!) and when I had a nasty cold last winter I quit drinking it in preparation for being pg. I figured that was as good a time as any, even though we weren't planning on having this baby until now (right on schedule!) And no, my water doesn't look like coffee
we have a filter on our tap that at the very least filters out any turbidity and chlorine. I installed it when I worked for the plumbing company because our water is so high in chlorine, especially when it rains. It's like a Brita on steroids, a LOT of steroids.

6) What food and drink (other than water) have you been craving the most during your pregnancy?Recently, starches.... potatoes, bread, chips, but my sugars go up so I am trying to avoid them. Drinks... nothing but water. I have always been a water drinker though. Nice cold glasses of ice-water, yum! A good blue Powerade is always nice too!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by darsmama View Post
Hi Kristen

What are you looking forward to the most about motherhood?
Not having to work!
I know being a mom is hard work, but at least I can work on my own schedule (and babe's) and not someone else's!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was the last movie you saw in the theatre? Did you like it ?

I took my SS to see Open Season a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. Prior to that I took sy SD to see Monster House and that was a good movie. It was my birthday present to each of them, a movie one day and some one-on-one time with their dad on the other. The last time I saw a movie in the theatre rated higher than PG was years ago and I can't even remember which one it was! I won a gift certificate at work for my pumpkin carving so maybe we'll go find one this weekend if I'm not too exhausted.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
soooooo..

how'd you meet your dh/dp/sig. other (sry if i shoudl already know which of those applies!)?

how long have you guys been together?

what's your favorite non-kid hobby?

how'd you get into AP/Mothering.com?

what's the biggest way that being a step-parent has affected/changed you?

are your parents supportive of you?

do they live close enough to visit often?

are you into art?

astrology?

coffee?

what's your fave restaurant?

alcoholic drink?

dessert?

are you a soda fiend?

do you have any brothers or sisters?

what's the most outrageous thing you've ever done?

other than MDC
what websites are your favorites??

what electronic gadget could you not live without?

what do you like/dislike about living in Canada?

....wow those were really random Q's, hehe.....!

(and i am
about the water Q's!)

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Do you eat tofu?

What kind of underwear do you wear - thongs, bikinis, grannies, tangas, etc?

What do you want for Christmas?

What foods do you always buy at the grocery store - on the most have every week list?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how'd you meet your dh/dp/sig. other (sry if i shoudl already know which of those applies!)?
Technically he is my dp, but I call him my dh. We met on the internet.... he says he was surfing for chicks, I was just chatting, it was a board similar to this one, but not about parenting! We met for coffee one day and the rest is history.

how long have you guys been together? 5 yrs on Thursday

what's your favorite non-kid hobby? snowboarding in the winter (though we take the kids now), rockclimbing year round (we also take the kids frequently, but I like to go with just DH too), reading, knitting.... painting, but it's been a LONG time.

how'd you get into AP/Mothering.com? surfed upon it on the internet. dont' remember what I was looking for initially!

what's the biggest way that being a step-parent has affected/changed you? Hard to say, it's been a really good test of my patience, that's for sure! In general, the whole relationship with DH got me out of a bad rut that I was in, I quit partying as much and basically had to grow up, which it was time to do anyways.

are your parents supportive of you? Always. Even when they aren't, and let me tell you there have been times!!! they jut shake thier heads and wait until I screw up and come crawling back. They are happy that DH and I are together and having kids and making a life together.

do they live close enough to visit often? For now, they are about 15 min away. In the spring they are moving 3000miles away. I'll miss them but they'll be a plane ride away. Mom said that she'd come back for the birth and to help out for a few weeks at my discretion.

are you into art? Into it? not really. I used to do a lot of painting, drawing, etc. I am a big fan of Salvidor Dali, but other than that, not so much. It is a cold day in he!! when I spend a day in a museum. My attention span is about 45 min in those places.

astrology? Not so much. I'm a cancer, through and through, but I only know that because I have a friend who is VERY into astrology and likes to go on about it alot. It's neat to listen to.

coffee? I quit. Horrible headaches from withdrawl. I'm sure I'll start up again someday.

what's your fave restaurant? Depends on what I'm looking for in food. Sushi - Jiro on Broadway, Mexican - Mi Mexico in Bellingham, WA, burgers - Red Robin or A&W, depending on the day.

alcoholic drink? Caesars, rye and ginger, beer

dessert? Ick. I don't eat sweets.

are you a soda fiend? Nope, I have about three a year, usually a Jones Cream Soda.

do you have any brothers or sisters? One brother.

what's the most outrageous thing you've ever done? Ha ha, I coould go on for eons.... you'll have to be more specific. I had a few really good years!

other than MDC
what websites are your favorites??
ummm, none at the moment.

what electronic gadget could you not live without? my computer and my cell phone.

what do you like/dislike about living in Canada? like - health care, dislike - the lack of good, cheap mexican restaurants!

Do you eat tofu? only in miso soup

What kind of underwear do you wear - thongs, bikinis, grannies, tangas, etc? ha ha, bikinis and the very occassional thong!

What do you want for Christmas? my two front teeth? money....
don't know really. I wanted a rug, but the dog had an accident on the old one and so I got that in October.

What foods do you always buy at the grocery store - on the most have every week list? Avacados, other salad fixin's, especially tomatoes, cheeeeeeeeeeese

what kind of work do you do now? I do cost analysis at a plastics extrusion company. We make the plastic doo-hickeys that hold price tags in the grocery stores and other places like that..... and some metal parts too. Basically anything that holds a sign or price tag in a store, we make it. I also tutor part time, kids K-12 in science, math, etc

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
How many cars have you had?

What was your favorite?

If you had the $$$ to buy any vehicle you wanted what would it be?

Where in Canada to you live? Province is fine if you don't wanna get specific.

Where are you moving to?

Are you looking forward to the move?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How many cars have you had? Two, a Dodge Neon and now my minivan, a Ford Windstar.

What was your favorite? Probably the Neon. I miss it's peppy littleness and it's better bas mileage. The reality was that the family and the dog just simply didn't fit any more and it was taking as many liters in oil a week as it was gas, so it was time to go. I love my minivan for other reasons.

If you had the $$$ to buy any vehicle you wanted what would it be? Not sure. DH is looking for an Excursion and thinks he's found one.... and that is ok with me.

Where in Canada to you live? Province is fine if you don't wanna get specific. Just outside Vancouver BC.

Where are you moving to? That was my parents that are moving, not me.
and they're headed out to Ontario, which is where I grew up, and where THEY grew up.

Are you looking forward to the move? Not particularily, but they'll be just a plan ride away. Some day we'll pack up and join them out east.... or at least move back to the other side of the Rockies.

What was the last thing you knit? A blanket, that's all I knit. Baby blankets. I knit slow, I'm on number three. One for me, then one for my nephew, now another one for the nephews sibling that is due in April.

What do you like to order at cheap Mexican restaurants? Fooooooooooood!!! Anything with avacados, salsa and jalapenos. I like the avacado tostada at Mi Mexico. They aren't a "cheap" restaurant (like Taco Bell, Taco Time, etc) but thier food is cheap, at least in comparison to the prices we pay at restaurants in Canada! We get ripped off up here!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post

what do you like/dislike about living in Canada? like - health care, dislike - the lack of good, cheap mexican restaurants!
I can soooooo relate. Umm- the enchiladas.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Who were you before having you children?
If you could give your children one of your talents/personality traits, what would it be?
What are your nicknames?
What did you want to be when you grow up? What DO you want to be when you grow up?
What do you wish for the future of our world?
What color best describes who you are?
What is the best thing about being a womyn?
What religion are you, if any?
What was your first reaction when you heard Donald Rumsfeld is resigning?
What is your fovaorite thing about this season?
What is your favorite thing about the merry month of May?
Whoa! You're the new pres of the US, what is the first thing you're going to do?
Did you go to college? If so, where?
What was the craziest thing you've ever done?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Are you originally from Southern Ontario or somewhere cool like the Ottawa Valley?

The Google ads at the bottom of this page when I was just reading the posts:
Ads by Google
Baby Drinking Water
Water Supplies
Baby Wearing
Well Water Supply
Coffee

1 - 20 of 25 Posts