Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's your turn in the spotlight, ~MoonGypsy~

Go ahead and start asking your questions, ladies!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What were you doing 10 minutes ago?
Same thing as now, working. When I'm on MDC I'm more than likely at work too. Although I do believe I was almost snorting oatmeal out my nose from looking at http://icanhascheezburger.com/

What is your favorite thing to do?
A good meal with my family is at the top of the list. As well as gardening, watching my belly hop or taking a nice warm milk bath. My DS just got a tryke and the weather is cooling off, so we've been spending lots of time pedaling through the neighborhood.

Do you have pets?
Oh yeah! We have a 6 month old Great Dane, named Fable. We also have 6 Tiger Barbs, 2 Neon Tetras, 1 sucker-fish and a catfish. My mom lives with us and she has two cats, Marlin and Kurtis. I have pics on my MySpace of Fable when we first got her - I think it's http://www.myspace.com/runawayoctober

How did you come up with your username?
For the longest time my username was MoonPie, but that was taken by the time I stumbled upon MDC. Earlier the day that I signed up someone called me a gypsy as a joke and it just kinda stuck I guess.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
How do you think Declan will react to the new baby?

How did you and Matt meet? When did you decide he was The One?

What are your plans for Declan's 2nd bday?

What movie have you seen the most number of times? What book have you read the most number of times?

What are you most looking forward to with labor? What are you anxious about, if anything?

How do you think this birth will be similar to your past birth experience? In which ways would you like for it to be different?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
How do you think Declan will react to the new baby?
I don't know really. He has a stuffed animal that he calls 'Baby Ralph' that he well, babies. He'll lay him down, cover him up, point and say "Baby! Shhh", and make us all be quiet - that's a good sign I hope. I think getting Fable was a smart move, believe it or not, because he's kinda gotten used to the fact that we have to clean her, feed her, play with her, etc and that he's not the only one who gets our attention. I do worry though because he's really rough with Fable (she weighs twice as much as he does though) and the cats. I'll have to keep an eye on him.

How did you and Matt meet? When did you decide he was The One?
Matt and I met in Highschool, though we're not highschool sweethearts. He came to our school as a sophomore during my freshman year and just kinda integrated into our "group". I always thought he was cute, but he was a football player and I was much too nerdy to get one of those!
: Plus my BFF had a huge, very public, crush on him so I stayed out of the way. About 2 years after I graduated Highschool, he called me out of the blue and we started dating. 3 weeks in, I was fired from a job that was my only lifeline to the real world because I lived with my abusive stepdad and was literally never allowed to leave. Matt snuck out to see me one night, SD caught him and kicked me out then and there (Mind you, I was 20). It's been a long hard road including restraining orders and the like, but we've still got out head above water.

I'm still not entirely sure that he is The One. We have our fair share of differences and some times my preggo hormones cause me to despair over stupid things. But I can't really see myself without him. We've been engaged for over a year now, but I think we both still hesitate to make things official. We have so many friends our age that have gone through multiple divorces already, so we're kinda gunshy.

What are your plans for Declan's 2nd bday?
Not sure. Probably nothing bigger than a cake and a few presents. I'd like a "messy party" but I think it'd be more fun next year when he's a tad older.

What movie have you seen the most number of times? What book have you read the most number of times?
In the theater: Pirates of the Caribbean 1
At home: The Firefly series, Donnie Darko, Fear and Loathing, Birthing from Within
Books: I cannot, for any reason, reread a book. I lose interest within 10 pages. Though I frequently peruse my birthing books while in the tub.

What are you most looking forward to with labor? What are you anxious about, if anything?
A successful homebirth. I'm anxious of the pain honestly, or that something will go wrong. With my last birth I had 48 hours of induction and wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I feel like a newbie going into this birth because hopefully it'll be a completely different experience.

How do you think this birth will be similar to your past birth experience? In which ways would you like for it to be different?
The only similarities that I hope for is a baby at the end and a quick recovery.
Like I mentioned above, Declan's birth was induced. I was not prepared in anyway, I had researched next to nothing, Matt wasn't prepared.

Declan was 5 weeks early because of a low AFI and "possible IUGR" - none of which was true. He spent 2 weeks in the NICU being poked and prodded, I didn't know that I could have spent 24 hours a day by his side, he never ever once latched and I gave up pumping when he was about 7 weeks because I didn't know that the pump horns could be the wrong size, I had to go back to work at 6 weeks because I didn't qualify for FMLA, my midwives ditched me the second I set foot in the hospital, etc etc etc. I think back on it and it makes me cry for him and for us.

Matt asked me once if I wanted another child so that I could "fix" everything that went wrong the first time. At the time I said no, but I don't think 'no' was the whole truth. I didn't want to get pregnant to fix things, but I'm very determined to make sure everything happens...better this time.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I'm not good at this...

Favorite animal?

Are you going to CD?

If so, favorite dipe?

What pg/birth books have you read so far?

Pg/birth movies?

Biggest craving?

Favorite smell?

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you going camping? Will you be tent camping or in a cabin/camper/somewhere else? What do you prefer to do while camping (lots of outdoor activities or just sit back and relax)?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Where are you going camping? Will you be tent camping or in a cabin/camper/somewhere else? What do you prefer to do while camping (lots of outdoor activities or just sit back and relax)?
Everyone's come up w/such cool questions - I'm distracted & can't think of any. But I'd like to echo Sihaya's, cause we like to camp too & haven't gotten to do it in a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.