Hello to Natalie!
Are you ready to answer some questions?

I see you're in New Zealand!
What do you like about living there?
What do you hate?
Have you lived there your whole life?

How's your pregnancy going for you?
How's your daughter doing with it?
What's the strangest dream you've had since becoming pregnant?
What do you like the most about this stage of pregnancy?
What do you like the least about this stage of pregnancy?

How did you come across Mothering?
Has your parenting style changed as a result of reading posts on MDC or reading articles in the magazine?

What's your favorite pasttime?
Would you consider yourself a homebody, or do you prefer to get out and do things whenever possible?

I think that's a good start to the questions. Please, everyone, join in to get to know our very own nznats!

(If you're interested in participating in the spotlight threads, sign up in the stickied thread at the top of the March DDC page.)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hello Natalie! Welcome the fun and entertaining spotlight thread!

Ok, to start off.........

Do you have any pets?

Are you an only child?

How many children would you like to have?

Will you find out the sex of this little one?

Who have or haven't you told about this pregancy?

How did you tell your dh?

I guess that's it for now.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Did you pee on a stick? If so, how many, and any funny/interesting/super amazingly boring stories to share about that?

Any cool/interesting/embarrassing codenames for the wee one yet?
What real names are your favorites right now?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well dang you guys,why dont you just ask ALL the interesting questions at once?

hmm that makes it so hard!

Do you work or stay at home?

What is your favorite color?

Jeans&flip flops or skirt&heels?

Do you consider yourself romantic?

Where were you born?

Do you like sushi?

What is your favorite cuisine?

What color is your hair?

How tall are you?

How old are you?

Are you good at keeping secrets?

What is your favorite weather?

What kind of music do you listen to?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hello to Natalie!
Are you ready to answer some questions?

I see you're in New Zealand!
What do you like about living there?
Free maternity care, and living without the fear of needing medical attention, but not being able to get it because of money. I also love the people, and the atmosphere.
What do you hate?
I dont really hate anything here, I wouldnt live anywhere else.
Have you lived there your whole life? Yup

How's your pregnancy going for you?
Suprisingly uneventful, my daughters pregnancy was awful, as have been my other pregnancies (this is my 5th) the only problems are tiredness, and heartburn.
How's your daughter doing with it?
I think she is excited, she talks about the baby and a brother/sister.
What's the strangest dream you've had since becoming pregnant?
Umm... I have been having nothing but nightmares really. Had a few umm, horny dreams though lol
What do you like the most about this stage of pregnancy? I dont really like this stage at all

What do you like the least about this stage of pregnancy? Not feeling the baby move, the tiredness

How did you come across Mothering?
Too long ago to remember but I think it was talked about on Livejournal
Has your parenting style changed as a result of reading posts on MDC or reading articles in the magazine?
We dont get the magazine here, so I sometimes read articles online, mostly just the forums though

It has a little bit more in regards to gentle parenting...

What's your favorite pasttime?
Computers, music and reading (lol all at the same time usually)
Would you consider yourself a homebody, or do you prefer to get out and do things whenever possible?
I prefer being at home, I have a huge people phobia

I think that's a good start to the questions. Please, everyone, join in to get to know our very own nznats!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben's Mommy
Hello Natalie! Welcome the fun and entertaining spotlight thread!

Ok, to start off.........

Do you have any pets?

Are you an only child?

How many children would you like to have?

Will you find out the sex of this little one?

Who have or haven't you told about this pregancy?

How did you tell your dh?

I guess that's it for now.

Yes we have 2 cats and a pet rat (did have 3 rats but 2 died)

No, I am the oldest of 4 girls, and I also have 3 foster sisters who are older than me

I only wanted one child, obviously that has changed now lol so just the 2

No I wont, I didnt find out with my daughter and that turned out to be the best thing because I had a c-section.

Everyone lol I couldnt keep it quiet.

Im not married yet, but I just was all cuddly and had my head on his, he kept saying what have you done, and all I could say is I didnt do it. He goes, youre pregnant arent you and I just smiled and he repeated himself I said yes and showed him the test... He called me a dick and an a'hole with a huge smile on his face (babe def was not planned)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwyn
Did you pee on a stick? If so, how many, and any funny/interesting/super amazingly boring stories to share about that?

Any cool/interesting/embarrassing codenames for the wee one yet?
What real names are your favorites right now?
Yes I peed on a stick, I had pretty much known for a week (I know very early on) and tested when no one else was home. So only one test, thats always been the way

I was in shock, didnt want to believe it so walked around the house aimlessly for awhile
:

Suprisingly I have nothing so far, with Amalia she was called baby bug but this one nothing yet... I think I am feeling slightly detached still.
I havent come across any really, I generally just wait for it to come to me

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie
well dang you guys,why dont you just ask ALL the interesting questions at once?

hmm that makes it so hard!

Do you work or stay at home?

What is your favorite color?

Jeans&flip flops or skirt&heels?

Do you consider yourself romantic?

Where were you born?

Do you like sushi?

What is your favorite cuisine?

What color is your hair?

How tall are you?

How old are you?

Are you good at keeping secrets?

What is your favorite weather?

What kind of music do you listen to?
I am a stay at home mama, not ready to go back to work yet although I had a job interview the day after I tested, as I had just completed my qualifications to become a computer technitian.

Blue is my favourite colour

Umm, I havent been able to wear jeans in forever, I am more a black pants and slip ons

I was born in Auckland New Zealand

I love salmon sushi, not keen on the other ones

Home cooked roasts

At the moment I am growing my hair out so it is dark blonde, light brown at the top and red (burgundy) at the ends. I am wanting to go back to blonde though

I am about five foot five and a half lol

I am 22

I think I am good at secret keeping unless its a dangerous secret.

My fav season would probably be spring, coming into summer... I cant stand the heat and since having Amalia I have felt the cold more.

I listen to all sorts of music, from classical, to pop, hard rock, some heavy metal
Going through a major, Evanescance, Tool, Breaking Benjamin stage right now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by audeesmom
Have you been to the States?
What's the last book you have read?
Have you seen or been to any movies lately?
Nope I have although one day I would like too. Never left the North Island of NZ

Demons and Angels by Dan Browne on the computer

The last movie we saw at the movies was The Davinci Code about 2 months ago, we dont get out much its way too expensive so we have sky and hire them instead.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkg
Are you planning on babywearing? What kind of carrier will you use?
Most definitely, I own 4 prams and have barely used them even now Amalia is 28 months. I have an over the shoulder sling from NaturesSway (a nz company) and want to get an ABC, which I will prob make as I cant afford to buy one
I can think of anything better than having my babe so close to me

·
Registered
246 Posts
Do you know Peter Jackson?
: (OK I was just being silly)
But speaking of Lord of the Rings, did any of the filming take place anywhere near you home?
Any "making of Lord of the Rings" behind the scenes stories you can share?

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Hey, I'm from CA originally - wanna ask me if I know Ahnold?

More questions... What OS do you use? Do you download music, and if so, do you pay for it? (Lest ye think ye be judged, I haven't paid for more than three albums in the last decade - I be poor
)

Do you think you're having a boy or a girl or one of both? Do you care?

Do you think you'll get stretchmarks? Do you care?

What, if any, prenatal vitamins are you taking? Do you care? (Sorry, got in a groove there
)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeetastesgood
Do you know Peter Jackson?
: (OK I was just being silly)
But speaking of Lord of the Rings, did any of the filming take place anywhere near you home?
Any "making of Lord of the Rings" behind the scenes stories you can share?
Sadly I dont, I wish I could meet him though he is an amazing guy with great talent

Unfortunately I am on the other end of the island, so most of it took place away from me... I am too in my small world to have noticed anyway lol

No behind the scenes, but I can say those movies were great they put us on the map, and not everyone thinks we are a part of Australia now :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwyn
Hey, I'm from CA originally - wanna ask me if I know Ahnold?

More questions... What OS do you use? Do you download music, and if so, do you pay for it? (Lest ye think ye be judged, I haven't paid for more than three albums in the last decade - I be poor
)

Do you think you're having a boy or a girl or one of both? Do you care?

Do you think you'll get stretchmarks? Do you care?

What, if any, prenatal vitamins are you taking? Do you care? (Sorry, got in a groove there
)
I sadly use, XP professional but will start making the move to linux later this year when I have sorted all my stuff out.

Yes I do, and yes I do pay for it, in regards to buying the albums if the artist is really good and there is more than one song that I like

To be honest I am not at all sure this time, I was getting a strong boy vibe, but now I am getting a girl vibe... although there is a history of twins in my family
: I dont really mind either way, always thought id have one of each.

Its gauranteed that ill get stretchmarks, I already have a road map on my stomach, hips, boobs and thighs lol
I do care a bit because I am very overweight and very body conscious. As long as they stay away from my tattoo (lower back) then I think I will get over it.

Nope no prenatals, I dont believe in taking them because they disguise your bodies real needs, you dont absorb a pill as well as from other sources. I just follow my body, and try to make sure I eat iron rich foods as thats my biggest issue.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
hmmm...

How long have you and your SO been together?
Apartment/house?
Rural/Urban/Suburban area?
And what happened with your other 3 pregnancies? (you don't have to answer if you aren't comfortable answering; it's a pretty personal question
)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yo Becca
hmmm...

How long have you and your SO been together?
Apartment/house?
Rural/Urban/Suburban area?
And what happened with your other 3 pregnancies? (you don't have to answer if you aren't comfortable answering; it's a pretty personal question
)
Well when I was 16 I had a one night stand with him... I just sort of felt he was the one but at 16 I didnt see it that way it was just sex. Then when Amalia was about 2 months old we moved house (he is my step-dads friend and ex brother in law) he helped my dad move us into the new house. My relationship broke down shortly after for various reasons and when Amalia was about 4 months he got in touch with me and we started talking, were just going to be casual fun (healing after Amalias birth if you will) but it turned into something completely more than just fun. We were together from about Aug 04 till Nov-05 then things got really rough (there had been domestic violence on both our behalves) and he walked out. I wouldnt let go that easily and we officially got back together in Feb this year
I asked him to marry me on my birthday this year, and the date is set for around Jan 08.

We live in a house

We live in a city, sort of on the outskirts with lots of neighbours lol

I had a miscarriage when I was 14 (at 12 weeks) then I got pregnant when Amalia was 4 months old (to my current partner) but because of everything that happened with Amalias birth, and the fact that it was a new relationship I decided to have a termination. The last pregnancy, was in Nov last year just after Pierre walked out on me, I wasnt very far along though as I had only just found out

1 - 20 of 40 Posts