Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding about the dates - its May 12-May 16... oops!<br><br>
Here's a few questions to get you started... feel free to add more info to this!<br><br>
EDD:<br>
Name:<br>
Family:<br>
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):<br>
Names you like:<br>
Birth Plans/Preferences:<br>
Strangest craving/aversion this pregnancy:<br>
Hobbies/Interests:<br>
How you met your SO:<br>
How you ended up at MDC:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi my name is Sonora,<br>
We are due with our eighth child Aug 8th, the baby is a boy, we have five boys already and two girls, we adopted two of our sons at the same time exactly two years ago from Ethiopia, they were 8 months and 22 months old when they became our sons.<br><br>
This year we have lived in three locations (Hawaii, Seattle, and Durango Colo) while we were waiting for our home to sell in Seattle, the home finally sold so now we are able to live out our dream of living in Morocco, the move is taking place next month, first we will go to Spain to have the baby with these really wonderful british holistic midwives, and then when the baby is about a month old we will move to Morocco!<br>
Its a very exciting and crazy time!<br>
My brother and his wife who are writers and photographers for the NYT are coming over right when the baby is due, my brother has photographed 2 of our childrens births, so I am really really hoping the baby will come while they are with us!<br><br>
My husband and I met through his rock band when I was in JR high, and we got married when I was 16 and he was almost 27 fifteen years ago, we love being married(most of the time) and we love having a big wild family.<br><br>
Both my husband and I are artists, and we are trying to live a full a rounded life with a large family, he does graphics and web design, and I do photography, design, sewing design work, and lifestyle design work, we are Eastern Orthodox Christians, we love going to church and being a part of an ancient faith!<br><br>
Cravings: watermelon, bacon, avocados, toast, sushi,and of course ice cream, I on accident drank an entire pint of half n half, I thought it was milk<br><br>
My interests right now are, raw food, eating more of it, simple living, sewing a lot, cooking Moroccan food and Ethiopian food, hanging out with my fun kids and husband, playing the guitar, and now getting ready for our big move.<br><br>
I'm typing this all on my I phone so I forgot all the other questions!<br><br>
I've been on mothering since my third child was born, they ran a birth clip of our son awhile back, people went crazy over it and I went crazy over everyone going crazy over it, so we took down the web site, I love Mothering it's my go to for researching advice on different health issues.<br>
I suffer from really bad PPD, so we are taking this sabbatical to Spain, to refresh and regroup as a family and really focus on the birth of this child and creating a happy a comfortable place to give birth, I'm planning on consuming the placenta somehow (yucky) there is an herbalist there that helps with this so I've heard, I plan on not havingPPD this time, I'm really looking forward to this baby boy and this birth!<br>
Thanks to you all for all the info and advice I've gleaned from this site!<br><br>
-Sonora

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Wow can i just say im totally jealous? Lol you have so many cool things going on!<br><br>
Why did you decide to adopt (and how hard was it from another country?)<br><br>
how did you pick Morocco?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Adoption has been on my heart for about 8 years, we decided Ethiopia, one it was the only country we qualified for due to the size of our family, and two our community at the time had a lot of Ethiopian adoptees and Ethiopians who we could talk to about adopting from their country, also the main faith in Ethiopia is 80+ or more Orthodox Christian, so we had that connection, also it was affordable for us.<br>
Its been a huge huge growth time for us, as we have merged families.<br><br>
Morocco seemed like the perfect mesh of Africa and the middle east for us as well as the closeness to Europe, and there is decent Internet there, food prices are low, and housing, and it's just a beautiful place!<br><br>
-Sonora

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
What do you sew?<br><br>
What kind of photography do you do?<br><br>
As a mom to many, have you got any advice for those of us going from 1-2??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts