Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Michelle!! We are thrilled to know that you are having a little girl and that you are due on Sept. 21. You are from Texas, and this babe will be your first. We are excited to learn more...

- What brought you to MDC?
- What are your birth plans, and where do you plan to have your baby?
- Who will be with you at your baby's birth?
- Do you have any names picked out?
- Where have you lived and where are you now?
- I believe I saw you have your own business, tell us more...
- Who has been the most inspirational person in your life?
- Do you have any pets?
- Any first time pregnancy fears?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by debra_lea View Post
Hi Michelle!! We are thrilled to know that you are having a little girl and that you are due on Sept. 21. You are from Texas, and this babe will be your first. We are excited to learn more...

- What brought you to MDC? Thankfully, MDC was recommended to me on another website. I have been here everyday since.
- What are your birth plans, and where do you plan to have your baby?I plan to birth at a birthing center in a hospital with a wonderful OB...also my sister is a CNS specializing in Maternal/Fetal medicine so she will assist.
- Who will be with you at your baby's birth?My mom and sisters.
- Do you have any names picked out? I think I have settled on Lucy Simone or Willow Simone.
- Where have you lived and where are you now? Grew up in Dallas...I have lived in Sherman TX(College), Austin Texas for 11 years and now back in Dallas. I miss Austin terribly.
- I believe I saw you have your own business, tell us more...I am a womens clothing designer/manufacturer. I have been in business with my family for 6 years.
- Who has been the most inspirational person in your life?Both of my sisters. It is amazing to see how these 2 have become such wonderful mothers and role models for me. I am in amazement everyday.
- Do you have any pets? I have to dogs that think they are my kids...but then again they have been for the last 8 years.
- Any first time pregnancy fears?
Are you kidding....lol. Tons! Am I going to be able to do this....am I going to know what to do?...and the "I hope I don't mess up this sweet innocent child...."

·
Registered
572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stacyg View Post
Birthday? Birthstone?Day before Christmas and traditional birthstone-Ruby & modern birthstone-Turquoise

Favorite meal? Favorite dessert?Anything Mexican and dessert-ice cream....ice cream...ice cream.

Any weird cravings with this pregnancy?
Mashed potatoes!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
What's your favorite book?

Are you reading anything pregnancy/mothering/baby related?

What type of music do you like? Who are some of your favorite singers/songwriters/bands?

I think it's great that you work with and are inspired by your sisters. I also have two sisters who are very dear to me!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Babywearing plans...I plan on babywearing as much as possible as she will be at the office with me everyday.

Diapering plansI have not decided yet.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do your sisters have kids?

What are your hobbies?

Where is your favorite travel spot?

·
Registered
572 Posts
What's your favorite book? The Last of The Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Edwards. It is a great young adult read or a chapter book for younger readers. I can't even tell you how many times I have read the book.

Are you reading anything pregnancy/mothering/baby related?Your Weekly Guide to Your Over 35 Pregnancy. I need suggestions on some other good reads.

What type of music do you like? Who are some of your favorite singers/songwriters/bands?I have very eclectic musical tastes. I love James Taylor and Cat Stevens. I like old INXS and The Police...I also like Creed and many many others.

Do your sisters have kids?Both sisters are younger and one has a girl and a boy and the other has a new little boy. They are wonderful mothers and I can only hope to be as good.

What are your hobbies?Work takes up a lot of my time...so there isn't too much hobby time. I love to read and cook. I love to experiment with new recipes and tweak them and make them my own.

Where is your favorite travel spot?Seaside Florida...just outside of Destin. I love...love...love being on or around the beach.

·
Registered
764 Posts
OMG I love The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles! I had forgotten about that book. I used to check it out of the library all the time but haven't thought about it for a few years. The thing I remember best at the moment is the sweet tooth with a little flower (I think?) on it.

I also love the names Lucy and Willow and Simone.

You design women's clothes? Can we look at some of your designs? What's your specialty? What's your design philosophy?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Can we look at some of your designs?www.3sistersclothing.com There really aren't too many of our designs up on the site due to many...many people knocking off the styles.

What's your specialty?Mostly Contemporary Resort Clothing...jackets with jeans to match...coordinating skirts and bermudas....we are introducing a childrens line this Spring...I am really excited.

What's your design philosophy? Fun and Happy Clothing....alot of bright colors.

·
Registered
770 Posts
what is your greatest hope?
biggest fear?
tatoos? please explain...
your username seems pretty self-explanatory, but anything you want to tell us about how you picked it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
What do you feel your biggest attributes as a parent will be?Such a scary question for a first time mom....hmmm. Being a "older" first time mom...I feel I am a bit more mellow and secure in who I am. I am very whimsical and love to learn new things.

What about Dh's?No Dh...but a very excited family that can't wait to meet the newest member. She will grow up daily seeing her Omi & Opa (my parents) we work together everyday and she will be here in the office. I can't wait for her to learn things from them...I am sure she will end up being spoiled rotten with all the attention.

What do you look forward to most about being a parent (in the beginning when they are a baby)?Just meeting this little person and learning who they are. I have been spoiling my sisters children for 4 years and finally it is my turn for one of my own. I can't wait.

What about when they are older?Watching her discover the world and learning from her. I have learned so much from a 4 year old niece. It is amazing to see the world through their eyes.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
So, what is your favorite Mexican meal? (I think I could eat Mexican food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner...)

Do you prefer hot or mild salsa? Or none at all?

What were your favorite places/favorite things to do in Austin?

Do you like to travel?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Do you live near your sisters, see them often?One of my sisters lives in Colorado...so I don't get to see her too often...last I saw her was Thanksgiving. And the other lives in Austin so I see her at least once a month...I would be there more if I didn't "have" to work. However, I talk to each of them a couple times a day.

What excites you most about becoming a mom?I am not even sure I have words for it...know what I mean?? I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just can't wait to see her and get to know her...spend time with her...etc.

Do you have any suspicions about what your baby's personality will be like?I have NO idea who her personality will be like. She has been a little active thing so far.

·
Registered
572 Posts
what is your greatest hope?That my child will grow up experiencing great happiness. That she will be confident and know that she is perfect just the way she is.

biggest fear?My fear is....am I really read for this? I am an "older" first time mom...very set in my ways and I know that is coming to an end. I own my own business and devote a lot of time to it....wondering how I am going to be able to juggle. My parents always owned their own business while we were growing up and we were simply involved as children and were always around. I hope it will be much the same with me and my little one.

tatoos? please explain...Sun tatoo on my back between my shoulder blades. I love being out in the sun...on the beach...on the water etc.

your username seems pretty self-explanatory, but anything you want to tell us about how you picked it?sweettexasgal....simply who I like to think I am....most of the time at least.

·
Registered
572 Posts
So, what is your favorite Mexican meal? (I think I could eat Mexican food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner...) This is a hard question...I too could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner....everyday. I love a really good chicken enchilada with ranchera sauce (meat has to be very tender and not dry) I also can't get enough fish tacos....hmmm

Do you prefer hot or mild salsa? Or none at all?This definately depends on the mood I am in and where we are eating. I trend towards the more mild salsa. Another wierd thing is that I CANNOT stand cilantro and will not eat at places that I have found to have a heavy hand with cilantro.

What were your favorite places/favorite things to do in Austin?too...too many to list. The thing I like most about Austin is the people and the laid back atmosphere. I went to grad school there so I was really into the university environment but after that I fell in love with the city. I would go to the farmers markets every Saturday and live music at least once a week. There was always a new resturant to try out or an old favorite to just hang at. I am really missing Austin and count the days...years until I can return.

Do you like to travel?Yes, I do....I just don't get to as much as I would like. Growing up we had the opportunity to travel quite a bit. My grandparents were German and we spent quite a few summers in Germany and taking the train to France, Switzerland and Austria. My grandparents lived right outside of Frieburg. What area of Germany are you living in?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.