Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was exposed to chicken pox twice last week - first on Tuesday (5/11) and again on Thursday. Last night (day 5 after the first exposure) I noticed a red pimple on his cheek which is still there this morning. It's only one and it looks exactly like pimples I get (a red bump with a white pus-filled head). I can only find 9 to 11 days as the earliest for pox incubation, so I'm wondering how excited I should get.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm guessing not very excited if there's only one, and if it doesn't crust over or itch. Esp. since its only been 5 days... Dunno though, I'm no expert.. so I'm listening in too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, he has two more on his other cheek, and he was scratching at them a bit, but they still look more like pimples than anything else. There have been no other symptoms (fever, lethargy, etc.) unless it was missed in our crazy weekend of travel, etc. The one from Sunday is still there. It's now been 8 days, so he has 3 spots, minimal to no itching (he only scratched when I pointed out he had new spots)... So it's still a wait & see thing I guess...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts