Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 8 weeks postpartum, stopped bleeding at 5 weeks. About a week and a half ago i had red spotting for two days and had to wear a pad. Yesterday I had spotting again but it was only once when I wiped and it was brown and mucusy... just like bloody show. I had it again today once when I wiped. Is this type of thing normal at 8 weeks postpartum?

I have had unprotected sex on a regular basis since like 4 weeks postpartum, but I am exclusively breastfeeding and my fertility did not return until 6 months postpartum with my other 2 children and at that point they were both almost completely formula fed :( .

So is this normal at this point of postpartum recovery or am I likely to be birthing another child soon. *runs and hides*

·
Registered
11,391 Posts
I think this is relatively normal. I've had that after all 3 of my births. After my 2nd child I called a nurse helpline because I was worried and was told it was my period. I didn't bleed again until around 11 months PP. I think the nurse just gave me the party line without really thinking about my particular circumstances, which was that I was exclusively breastfeeding on demand and cosleeping and not giving my baby anything else to suck on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.