Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does spotting usually last after an internal exam and having your membranes swept?

I'm thinking that more than 24 hours might mean that I'm having a bit of bloody show rather than spotting - here's hoping! Last time when I had my membranes swept (while pregnant with DS), I had spotting immediately afterward, but it stopped within 3-4 hours. I had the sweep yesterday at about 2:30, some spotting late last night, and some more spotting this afternoon. I've been having some intense contractions, but nothing getting into a progressing pattern...

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I think you're right -- at least, when they swept my membranes this morning at about noon the spotting was mainly over by supper time, and hasn't continued (although I am feeling a little more contract-y and I can tell the baby is lower). Good luck, and I hope for your sake that baby stays impatient! I know you're very eager to be done.

·
Banned
2,097 Posts
I had an exam with a stretch attempt last Tuesday. I bled brownish for a full 2 days after and a bit the next, until the spotting finally stopped. I did pass a wee pit of my mucus plug as well, but not too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.