Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I am curious how much spotting during the first tri is okay and when to get nervous about it. I had pretty heavy implantation bleeding (about 1/3 my normal period), and this is the week I would normally be having my period. I had a little spotting for 3 days, then it stopped, and I just saw I had some more and now I'm just feeling a little nervous. It's really not a lot....just brown and only there when I wipe.

I'm just under 8 weeks and haven't seen a dr/mw yet. I've got a mw apmt on Dec. 31st.

Thanks!

· Registered
976 Posts
I had spotting beginning around 6.5w and it lasted 8 days off and on. It was very light and brown. It sounds like you are experiencing a similar thing, so I wouldnt worry. I know it is very nerve-wracking, but I've heard a lot of mamas have the same thing around this time. You should check with the dr/midwife if it gets heavier, red, if you pass tissue, or have bad cramping.

Good luck and happy healthy vibes! PM me if you have more questions.

· Registered
79 Posts
I agree with the PP. It's probably fine but keep watching it and talk to your OB/MW if you're concerned. I had bleeding with my first PG and with this one. Apparently I have an irritable cervix, or at least that's what my MW found. I can't remember the technical term for it but it was reassuring to learn the culprit of my bleeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.