Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning and used the bathroom, when i wiped there was blood on the tp. its been about 5 hours and ive check so many times sometimes theres nothing other times its very light pink =(

Im so nervous, i cant help but think its the begining of the end

· Registered
606 Posts
Due date crashing here, but just wanted to offer some reassurance! I had pink spotting from weeks 4-7 with my first, never found out why and everything was just fine! He's now two. With this one I spotted and then had full on bleeding very early on, around when I found out I was pregnant. It was because of low progesterone and stopped as soon as I started using natural progesterone cream (although I did have some brown spotting in the week or so after the pink and red bleeding stopped). I hope everything turns out well for you, take it easy and talk to your care provider.

· Registered
212 Posts
i had spotting with my first from being on my feet too long and lifting too much at my job. you might try resting for a while and see if it improves. i remember being really scared at the time but everything turned out fine.

i hope it's nothing serious. sending good thoughts/ prayers your way

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I'm glad to see it's stopped! I had the exact same thing on Sunday, a little bit of pink, a little tiny clot, and then a little bit more pink and then some brown, over about five or six hours. I had hcG drawn the next morning, and my levels had more than tripled in three days since it was last drawn.

It was VERY scary, but everything was fine, and still is fine, and I haven't had a single spot since.

A lot of people who had spotting at this point said that they later found out they were having twins, but my fertility clinic staff say there's no correlation.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I'm glad to see it's stopped! I had the exact same thing on Sunday, a little bit of pink, a little tiny clot, and then a little bit more pink and then some brown, over about five or six hours. I had hcG drawn the next morning, and my levels had more than tripled in three days since it was last drawn.

It was VERY scary, but everything was fine, and still is fine, and I haven't had a single spot since.

A lot of people who had spotting at this point said that they later found out they were having twins, but my fertility clinic staff say there's no correlation.
Twins??? oh wow! I have 3 kids now this will be my 4th...imagine if its 4 and 5!

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woke up this morning and I saw blood on the tp again

I am seeing my doctor today so he can check me..not sure what he can tell by doing that, anyone know? I guess I just have to take the wait and see approach, and leave it in gods hands. I must stop doing searches on spotting while pregnant becuz all i keep reading are happy endings and sad endings. It could go either way. =(

· Registered
7,914 Posts
He'll probably do an internal to see if your cervix is dilating at all. Depending on how far you are, he might attempt an u/s, but before 6 weeks you might not be able to see anything even if there is a viable pregnancy.

Let us know how it goes

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
He'll probably do an internal to see if your cervix is dilating at all. Depending on how far you are, he might attempt an u/s, but before 6 weeks you might not be able to see anything even if there is a viable pregnancy.

Let us know how it goes

Oh ok. Well I am 5 weeks 4 days and I have a sonoram for feb 9th because he said the same thing u did, anything b4 that e may not see anything, I sure hope its ok.

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I would not consent to an internal exam a this point.

Obviously, you should make your own decisions, but the reality is that whether your cervix is dilating or not, there's nothing the doctor can do at this point in pregnancy to stop it if it is.

When I had my spotting, I went to bed for the day, even though I knew it couldn't help. If I was going to lose this baby, I wanted to know that I had done everything I possibly could to prevent it, and nothing to encourage it, so I stopped poking at my cervix, I took an extra progesterone suppository, I rested, and it stopped.

If it hadn't stopped, and I had lost the baby this weekend, I would have at least had the comfort of knowing nothing I did caused it.

I know how difficult this is. I would get your hcG levels tested every 48 hours or so for the next few days, and
for good news on the 9th!

· Registered
1,450 Posts
Ah, I'm sorry that you have to go through this stress. I am really hoping for you that it turns out to be nothing, as it does for so many women.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you so much for all the good thoughts and wishes =)
I went to see him and he did check me, cervix is closed and he did see blood. he said it is not alot and can be normal early spotting but he isnt 100% sure. he took my HCG levels and Progesterone levels and said he is going to rush order it(usually takes 2-3 days to get blood results) and to call him before 2pm tomorrow. If the progesterone is low he will give me supplements. He said if my numbers reached atleast 1000 he will send me for a sonogram tomorrow. They all seems so positive and made me feel good, I just hope this baby sticks. Im not bleeding but still have some pink at times when I wipe. Its all in gods hands now.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I would not consent to an internal exam a this point.

Obviously, you should make your own decisions, but the reality is that whether your cervix is dilating or not, there's nothing the doctor can do at this point in pregnancy to stop it if it is.

When I had my spotting, I went to bed for the day, even though I knew it couldn't help. If I was going to lose this baby, I wanted to know that I had done everything I possibly could to prevent it, and nothing to encourage it, so I stopped poking at my cervix, I took an extra progesterone suppository, I rested, and it stopped.

If it hadn't stopped, and I had lost the baby this weekend, I would have at least had the comfort of knowing nothing I did caused it.

I know how difficult this is. I would get your hcG levels tested every 48 hours or so for the next few days, and
for good news on the 9th!
Thank you for all your advice =)
Im hoping the spotting does stop and little one is doing ok.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.