Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm nursing youngest ds, who is going to be 4 mos. on 1/2. Two weeks ago, and now today, I've had pink spotting. Like, just pink on the TP, not so much that it would stain my panties or anything, and quite a bit of crampiness. He has had a few nights with a 5 hour stretch of sleep, nurses exclusively, and on demand (at least every three hours during the day, usually much more often), and was a whopping 18lb 9.5oz at 13 weeks.

I know it's different each time, but I certainly didn't expect an early return of fertility? I've also had days of rather copious stringy mucous.

With older ds, my first birth, AF returned at 5 months. With dd, it was later... maybe 9 months, iirc. Although in both cases it seemed to be anovulatory until babe was 12+ mo. (extremely erratic and just didn't feel like my "real" periods. Suddenly at about 12 mos. AF returned to the regularly scheduled program)

I guess I need to assume I'm fertile? I thought fertility came back later as mom got older.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I should pull the book out and check... however, this turned into a full-blown period (drats!) so I'm assuming I'm fertile. I certainly would have assumed that my chubchub was nursing enough to keep AF away at least for six months! hurrumph!

It's interesting, though, since he's by far my biggest/fattest baby, that AF would return earlier than it has with the others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.