Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mommas,

I am 11 weeks today, by my calculation (more 10 weeks by my ultrasound), and woke up this morning spotting. Not heavy bleeding, but more than a tinge. Almost like the start of a period.

How freaked out should I be? I didn't spot at all with my last pregnancy, and this is a first for this one. I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago, heard the heartbeat. I also had an internal examine last Thursday, testing for various diseases.

I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm really scared. Did I miscarry? Could it be anything else? What should I do until tomorrow when I can call my doctor?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
What color is it? Are you cramping? If I were you I would call your dr. just to see what advice they give you. Have you had sex recently? A lot of times spotting can be from an irritated cervix. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had my first pee an hour ago, it was bright red and was enough to see on two wipes with the paper. No cramps, no tissue. I put a pad on and went downstairs to the computer. I just peed again and there was a little tinge on the pad (barely), and nothing to see on the paper this time. Bleeding has stopped.

No sex recently. I did work out yesterday, and the day before I had an internal examine at the doctors. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? Even though the internal was on Thursday?

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I would alsso suspect the internal exam, perhaps coupled with the work out, have jarred things a bit and given you some mild bleeding

Call your helper if you are concerned or the bleeding continues or gets worse (cramping, etc)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I just had this one week ago, I was 12 weeks. I was at a football game running up & down bleachers & sitting on them (they are HARD!) Went to the bathroom bright red blood, no cramping or anything. I FREAKED! Anyway....baby is fine. It was a broken cervical capilary. I would suspect the excersize more than the exam 2 days ago.
What I did is put myself to bed & waited to see my doc on monday. US showed a wiggly moving baby!! My wish for you too!
Hold Strong Mama.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I would alsso suspect the internal exam, perhaps coupled with the work out, have jarred things a bit and given you some mild bleeding

Call your helper if you are concerned or the bleeding continues or gets worse (cramping, etc)

: good luck mama!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.

I called the doctor on call. She said that it probably isn't anything. She said that since I'm not bleeding heavy, and I'm not cramping, to just hold out until tomorrow to see my doctor.

So, I will say a little prayer and sit tight.

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I was 12 weeks pregnant with my son (now three years old) I woke up in the middle of night with period like blood - a lot of it. I went to the ER and everything was fine. The dr. explained that around 12 weeks is when the placenta is finished being formed and there can be some loose blood.

Hopefully your bleeding is nothing as well. I know it's stressful though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanEarthMom View Post
When I was 12 weeks pregnant with my son (now three years old) I woke up in the middle of night with period like blood - a lot of it. I went to the ER and everything was fine. The dr. explained that around 12 weeks is when the placenta is finished being formed and there can be some loose blood.

Hopefully your bleeding is nothing as well. I know it's stressful though.

Good luck!
I was just reading last night that the placenta is usually complete by week 14, but I didn't know about the bleeding. That's information that I bet a lot of women would find very reassuring!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
How are you doing today, mama?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bad news I'm afraid.

I stopped spotting early afternoon, and everyone assured me I was fine. But, I had an ultrasound early this morning and I miscarried. I was told I probably miscarried a few weeks ago and didn't have any symptoms.

I am pretty upset. It took a lot longer to get pregnant with this baby, compared to my first.

I wish all of you the very best. Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Take care mama!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Debra, I am so sorry.....

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Oh Debra, I am so sorry for your loss

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((((((Debra))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))

I'm so very sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of yourself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts