Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started spotting yesterday evening, so I called my midwife. She told me not to worry and that she would meet me this morning at the office for an ultrasound to check things out.

I had light spotting through the night - brown, beige, pink, but never red.

When I met her this morning, she was able to see the sac and yolk, but not the fetal pole. I'm thinking that I'm a bit early for that - 5 weeks, 4 days, but I'm still worried. She said that I have a 50/50 chance of a viable pregnancy.

Monday I'll get my HCG levels back, and Tuesday I have another ultrasound scheduled (6 weeks 1 day).

I had a miscarriage in December, so I've already been on pins and needles. I'm really hoping that the spotting stops, my HCG levels are high, and that we see the fetal pole in the next ultrasound.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If you are dating from LMP, your baby right now is between the size of a sesame seed and a lentil, so it wouldn't be surprising if it doesn't show up yet. My midwife doesn't even bother with ultrasound until after 10 weeks because she said that NOT seeing anything produces more anxiety than it's worth sometimes.

Fingers crossed that you see something reassuring the next time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
s. Despite the fact the everything that you are describing could be totally normal, it is also so normal to worry. Pregnancy after loss can be so agonizing. Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The spotting has stopping for now (hopefully for good). I actually haven't had any spotting since my appointment yesterday morning. I'm feeling hopeful again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.