Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm 7 months pp and just starting some solids...and starting to chart using NFP again. anyway, i just had some pink spotting today. could this be ovulation?

can't remember...can't find my book. if so, i assume i can just wait for my period and start charting from there, and just use condoms till then??? or does pink spotting not necessarily mean ovulation/coming period and should i start charting now?

if its ovulation....its not fair!!!!!! my nfp instructor went 27 months with nothing! i guess i'd just assume it wouldn't be back yet...i've been doing ecological bfing and dd's had about 7 servings of banana and avocado--not even enough to miss a feeding!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi there,

My guess is that this is "the beginning of the return of fertility"... I'd defiitely start charting regularly, watch for additional changes in your cm, and practice Phase I rules until either a) you see a thermal shift and the cross check for drying up or b)have a full period and begin a new cycle. Based on your e'bfing and the small introduction of solids, it is unlikely this will be a full fertile cycle, but you never know. Each woman requires a different amount of suckling to suppress ovulation. If the spotting ends and still no fertile cm, I'd consider myself in a BIP (basic infertile pattern) and use the phase I rules.

Are you following all the 7 standards of e'bfing if not, you may be able to hold off your menses by napping and sleeping with your babe, etc.

Best of luck - my ppaf returned at 8 months pp, about a month after I dropped the naps and our sweet babe starting sleeping through the night nursing.

-palmetto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts