Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, and while I know thre are other babywearers here I've never seen any. DH and I went out to a movie last night and walking back across the mall to the car all I saw were plastic buckets
(and there were alot of them. I kept wanting to run up to these parents and find out if they even know about babywearing or are interested in it, but of course getting back to my DD was my priority. So as I passed I talked extra loud to DH about babywearing vs plastic buckets.
So today our new public health nurse called and wants to come meet us and weigh DD. We talked for a bit and the fact that we babywear came up. I explained it to her and the benifits of my wrap and peoples reactions. Now she is so excited to come meet us next week and check babywearing out. It's funny because she all of a sudden made a connection between the benifits of contact with your baby and actually wearing your baby, it's like I turned on a light. So now I'm getting a little carried away because I get to educate her, and for some reason I have this feeling I can use her as a tool to spread the babywearing love and maybe get a little group of babywearing moms going around here. I'm so excited.

So now I want to get to gather a bunch of good articles and sites to pass on to her, so I can back up my preaching. So anything you have that you think would help our cause shoot it my way and I'll give it to someone who can do something with it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
That's cool. I do have to admit though I carried my DS in his plastic bucket to a movie the other day. Its a little safer for him when I am eating pizza or tripping up the steps.
Usually I wear him though.

My favourite looks from people are when they see me slinging my 20 mo. old and pushing my 3 mo. old in the stroller. (DS1 gets to choose if he wants to ride or be carried.)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hey- I'm in Winnipeg, too! I didn't wear my twins, but am going to be wearing this baby. I'd love to get together sometime and maybe you can help me with the wrap- I don't know anyone here who wears their baby and would love to get tips from someone with experience! In fact, I just picked up some fabric for a wrap yesterday.
I also bought fabric to make a couple of pouches...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by myrmom View Post
hey fellow Winnipegers...i would like to invite you to the winnipeg chapter of NINO....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/winnipegnino/

Believe it or not Chrissy there are more of us out there...lol
I know there are more out there, but I never see them.

On a good note I had a stalker today
I went to the mall to get out of the house. DD started on my front faceing in, then out, then on my back, lets just say we mixed it up alot. Anyways I got looks everwhere I went and I started to notice3 that alot of people had the same stroller. A little later
I found out it was just the same stroller again and again
Well the mom said she was following me because she kept wanting to see what else I could do with my wrap and she was trying to figure out what it was. I told her about it and gave her some sites. Anyways I thought it was funny being stalked.

On another note what's with people touching DD when she's in there? I had one woman try to tak her out of it
: um no, go away. Or others would pull it back while she was sleeping. I need a sign or something "Look but don't touch"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts