Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there - We're a 95% meat-free household but I am realizing that the dinner party meals that I'm most comfortable with are either in that last 5% or pretty cheese-heavy. We're hosting 8 adults this weekend and I'm looking for a great but relatively easy entree that is vegetarian and low or no dairy.<br><br>
What's your absolute favorite nice meal for guests? I'd love one that feels springy since spring has finally sprung here in Minnesota.<br><br>
Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
What about a nice pasta dish with springy veggies thrown in like asparagus pieces and peas or snow peas? You could either do a tomato or olive oil/garlic based sauce. If you served it with bread with some olive oil/basalmic vinegar for dipping and some side salads with vinagrette, it would make a filling meal and be vegan. If you wanted, you could put some parmesan on the table for guests to add to their dishes as they wanted.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I've had a great meal that was a bunch of cooked veggies (like asparagus, squash, quartered tomatoes, etc.) tossed in pesto (maybe with a touch of extra oil that was delicous. You could always throw some chickpeas or white beans in there too. Great with some good bread. And jarred or frozen pesto works great this way (so don't feel the need to make your own - it's not that springy yet).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts