Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd rather ask this here since this would be the place for sprouting questions -<br><br>
I'm reacting to gluten, it only came up mildly & I'm supposed to rotate (but I'm pretty much of the camp that wheat isn't healthy for us...) BUT, I'm fine with wheat! I don't really understand it - I guess it's just the protein in the wheat that is causing trouble for me. So does that mean that I might be able to handle sprouted wheat? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I had a confirmed case of celiac disease. I've been on TF for while now and well into that journey I ran across studies indicating that soured grains do not cause reactions in most celiacs so I ate sourdoughs and didn't react. From there I tried sprouted grains (wheat, spelt) and still didn't react. I even had my blood drawn again to see if there were any antibodies and there weren't.<br><br>
I know that the medical community says you can't heal from celiac disease or gluten-intolerance--that it is lifelong, and I'm sure that it is lifelong for some people especially those on SAD. For me, however, traditional foods and traditionally prepared grains are perfectly fine.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a similar allergy to wheat - low/moderate reactivity (IgG), but only to wheat, and low reactivity to the wheat proteins (gluten/gliaden). I removed wheat from my diet for a several months. I did this mainly because I had allready started to notice that when I ate wheat, I would get small digestive issues later in the day. However, it has crept back into my diet somewhat, but only every few days, and only the sprouted grain bread. I don't notice any issues with it now, so it makes me wonder just like you, if it's okay for me in smallish quantities.<br><br>
I am also allergic to eggs, and I notice right away when I consume them. However, with dairy (which I am also supposedly allergic to), I don't notice a problem. So again, I only consume it occasionally, and in the form of yogurt or cheese.<br><br>
Probably the best way to figure it all out for yourself is to eliminate it, then challenge it. I know I've read around here to eliminate for 4 weeks before challenging, however, Julia Ross' book, "The Mood Cure," suggests only 7-10 days.<br><br>
To add more pieces to the puzzle, I was treated for all of these foods with NAET, even though I am a skeptic at best for its validity (how can you "eliminate" an allergy if it's caused by a leaky gut? Sounds too good to be true, not to mention challenging the food 25 hours after treatment - the antibodies take much longer to dissipate I think). With the muscle testing, I was found to be fine with sprouted wheat, but received a couple of treatments for gluten itself. I am now supposedly cleared for all my allergens (eggs/dairy/wheat), and I do notice a much lesser reaction to the eggs when I consume them now, for what it's worth.<br><br>
Have you had your kids tested for allergies?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have both wheat allergy (IgE) and celiac disease. Sprouted wheat and sourdoughs aren't gluten-free. I certainly react to them and wouldn't go near either one again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts