Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But can discharge cause itching? and what is the difference between yeast infection and BV? i seriously dont think i have a yeast infection though but it itches i was thinkin maybe allergic to the pantiliners but i dunno just wodnering if any one knew or had a similar thing happen when pregnant.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im allergic to whatever it is in almost all sanitary pads
my kids are allergic to disp diapers

a yeast infection can be hot/itchy and deff have a "cottage cheese" discharge

BV can be very itchy as well but tends to have a watery discharge ...or lotion-like

I think the easiest way to know which is which is the odor,
yeast tends to smell...well yeasty, BV is described as fishy *WARNING TMI AHEAD* I however think it smells like canned cat food esp after sex

I posted a thing about boric acid for either (fine according to my OB while pregnant)
but I think I might be the only person here who treats bv or yeast with boric acid

scuse me while I go crawl into a whole now after my cat food comment

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm it i dunno i was lookin up yeast infections online and it sounds like that, not BV but u can use OTC meds for a yeast infection right? i remmeber using one when pregnant with my son but i dont remember wich one it was.
i planned on going to the store today but hubby took my car because his wont pass inspection he has today so either i get to go with him lmao that will be fun or hopefully go tomorow. hes a buttmunch when it comes to female things lmao.
i realized i doubt its an allergy , i thought the pantiliners may have been scented but they arent but i also read that yeast infections dont always have the um cottage cheese thing going on , the discharge can differ i forget what site i saw it on though i read quite a few

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
the OTC one that I was told to use was Monostat but you need the 5 day one not the 3 day one.
I am hoping to use the boric acid treatment next time as the other stuff just seems to irritate in its own way.

Hugs
Jessica

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a difference between 3 and 5 days or does maybe the 5 day one actually help get rid of it and prevent a recurrence ? just wondering i will have to see whats available at the px when hubby arrives home with my car

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
My gyn always recommended vagistat over monostat... different active ingredients. Anyways if one doesn't work you could always try the other!

I don't get "cottage cheese" discharge when I have yeast, personally. Just very very itchy and sorta creamy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the itchy's too...I am so glad I found this thread. I wasn't sure it was yeast b/c I don't have the cottage cheese or odor, and the itching comes and goes and seems to be entirely external (vulvar). I have been using acidopholus (sp?) and yogurt vaginally but with only marginal results. My MW says to try the boric acid but I was leary since everything I could find on the web said "not safe during pregnancy". I made an appointment today with a MW that is part of an OB/GYN practice but the appt is a week away, and as a new patient (our insurance sucks so I will be paying out of pocket) the money is more then I have or want to spend to be told that it is just the yeasties!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts