Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I sit down in the evening after putting my kids to bed, I have been getting the odd stabbing pain that makes me feel like I'm being kicked or squirmed at in the bladder or cervix area. I always run off to pee right afterwards and get the usual teaspoon out. It only happens in the late evening and mostly happens when I'm sitting semi-reclined on the couch to watch TV. If I lie down to read it happens way less. Tonight I've gotten a lot of it. I really hope it's not a dilation thing, as my midwife is out of town until Saturday. These jabs are extremely painful. Is anyone else getting these and do you know what they are? Baby should be head down and is extremely engaged and has been for ages. I'm 37+1.

·
Registered
246 Posts
YES!! I keep joking that I am gonna have a hand come out of my va-jay-jay any second.... I dont know how baby does it, but it feels like a hand punching my cervix to me!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Cooter shooters!!! Oh yes, mama. Normal and I get them all the time! I do think it has something to do with cervical changes somehow, not sure exactly what baby is doing in there but it sure hurts.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hahaha love the name! I have been getting them too. I had one the other night when I was sitting on the couch that almost made me scream. It really hurt and took me by surprise and I shot my legs out in front of me. Made DH a little nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Cooter shooters!!! Oh yes, mama. Normal and I get them all the time! I do think it has something to do with cervical changes somehow, not sure exactly what baby is doing in there but it sure hurts.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I get them every day, although usually only a few. DS was brutal on the cervix punches! This LO really only does it occasionally, but I'll jump up and yelp when she does. Or sometimes the punch (I hope punch) to the bladder, and then yeah, I rush to the bathroom and get... nothing.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've been getting this! I keep thinking it's either the baby punching my cervix, or his head ramming into my pubic bone and nerves. But, sounds like this is totally normal.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yep. It only hurts when I'm standing/walking though. I think for me it's the pressure from the head sandwiching my bladder or nerves against my pubic bone. Or something, sometimes it feels like my cervix too. I guess it's good though, right? That the baby is getting lower?

The worst was definitely when it was head up for a while though and it would KICK my bladder. Ouch. I definitely prefer kicks to the ribs.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Me too! I tried to explain it to my mom and said it was like lightning striking my cervix. I didn't have this at all with DD. This little guy has dropped so low, though, that I can't wear anything around my waist (dresses, dresses and more dresses. I'm so lucky it's summer!) and my belly button has a slightly downward angle. It looks a little silly.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have been getting this too and none of my other kids did it. I was really wondering what the heck it was. The other day it was happening over and over and I dropped down squatting because it hurt so bad. My 2 yo came running and said, "Mommy? Bandaid?"
lol.gif

·
Registered
989 Posts
I get this...but I think it feels like tiny fingernails scraping my cervix...or some kind of hair pin. awful.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

I get this...but I think it feels like tiny fingernails scraping my cervix...or some kind of hair pin. awful.
I had a dream that I had the baby a couple weeks ago, and while obviously I didn't, I am pretty convinced he did come out for awhile to aquire some weapons! Sometimes it seems there really is no other explanation for what I am feeling in there
bouncy.gif

·
Registered
628 Posts
Baby loooves to do this (he is going at it right now). It makes car rides awful and yesterday we kept having to stop in the store so I could double over in pain!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm glad these are normal! They have been driving me crazy for the last few weeks. I don't remember having them with my first, but this baby is a serious kicker! I feel like the inside of my ribs are all bruised from some of her kicks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.