Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are preparing for our first big vacation since dd was born. We will be travelling by plane and gone for 7 days. I am determined to do this without buying even one disposable. I am pretty confident about everything but am terrified of staining my beautiful tie dyed CPFs. At home we use a wet pail (actually it is my washer filled with water). I have never left a diaper out in dry air. And even with the wet pail, I do get minor staining that comes right out in the sun. We are staying with my aunt and uncle. They have agreed to let me use their wahser and dryer for washing but no soaking
So I am going to be storing dirty diapers in a bag. And we will be doing a lot of sight seeing so I do not forsee having the chance to rinse out the bf poo before they go in the bag. Even at the house, 15 people and one bathroom is going to make rinsing pretty difficult. I am bringing 36 CPFs so I will be going 3 days before washing. Will my diapers be stained to the point of no return? Any advice for super stain fighting technique?

Yooper

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
you say your baby is bf. i've had great luck with the sun taking bf stains away! i don't rinse and do a dry pail and when dd poops in a diaper (she often goes in the potty) it does frequently come out of the wash stained. if i dry it outside though the stain will be gone by the time it's dry. amazing really! have a great vacation!

edited to add: i have a friend who rinses all poopy dipes with a sprayer then sprays them with zout and says she rarely gets stains. her baby is older and on lots of solids.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. I think most of us use a dry pail and lots don't even soak. I had very few stains w/ my babies when they were little and exclusively bfed, and what the wash doesn't take out, the sun will.
Have fun! Good for you for taking cloth on vacation too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.