Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive een interested in stain glass for a long time ut there are no courses for it in this area. Anyone do it? Would it e possae to start learning the asics from ooks? If so, which ones? Any wesites I should check out? Any help would e great!

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts
Gosh... I learned from my mom as a CHILD. So if a child can do it, I can imagine you could learn from books and the internet. It is TRULY NOT that difficult... just tedious. But I was one of those kids that liked that stuff. In fact, I was sewing Barbie clothing at 7 (which is harder than adult clothing!)

I'd just do a Google search for it.

And FYI... using copper foil technique will be WORLDs easier (and safer) than lead. If you don't stretch the lead enough, you'll wind up with panels that will fall apart eventually. Plus, working with the lead is just somewhat health hazardous. I remember my moms hands being covered in it. That's how and why I learned copper foiling.

And get yourself a good pair of goggles... even if you don't have a glass grinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.