Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dipes are beginning to aquire stains. The girls have been using them for 5 weeks and no stains. Then this week, nothing seems to be coming out. What do I do? There is of course no sun this week - it's rainy. Does lemon juice work w/out sun? I've been doing a plain prewash, then washing w/ a small amount of detergent, plus baking soda, vinegar and DA.(FL washer by the way) I haven't changed anything in the way I wash recently. What can I do?

Please, please help me!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I also find that sun works well after the fact. I can sun out a diaper that hasn't seen the sun all winter and it usually works fine.
I have also had success with BacOut before...just squirt it on there and soak it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The stains still come out on cloudy days as someone mentioned. It's the UV rays that get the stains.

Yes, I find that the diapers somehow "sun" better when they are wet. I don't know why, but it's just what I've found from experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.