Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you ladies either avoiding or preventing stains on your cloth diapers? I was so sad when I noticed I had bf poop stains on my prefolds. I actually stood there and stared in horror at my poor UBCPF
So what's the secret?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I went to Jo-Anns, paid I think $2 for a small amount of micro fleece (ours has sushi on it), and cut it up to make liners. This way, any poops get caught by the cheap microfleece liner and my dipes stay nice and stain free. As an added bonus, poop falls right off the fleece when I shake it over the potty. It's also somewhat difficult to really stain fleece.

ETA the best bonus, the fleece keeps your baby feeling nice and dry!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
we just bought a pack of 25 microfiber towels at BJ's (for $12.99) and are using some for stuffing some for laying in & some cut into 3rds as poop-guard/stay-dry liners. so far, so good!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If its only breastfed poop that comes out in the sun like magic. I never dunked or mini-showered DS diaps when he was only breastfed but I would line dry and they were gleaming white (bleached prefolds). My SIL actually asked for my secret because DS' diaps were whiter than her sons clothes (he wore sposies and had lots of blowouts LOL!)

It really is magical to put out orangey stained diapers and bring them in a few hours later and they are absolutely stain free. Of course the son doesn't work quite as well on these toddler poops that I am dealing with now (sigh) but I keep hoping

Steph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.