Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
20,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 month old has not nursed on my left side for about 10 months. I still tried to express milk from that side to try and keep the lopsidedness from getting too bad. Then I got pregnant, left side dried up completely, and then had a miscarriage. Both sides came back full of milk after I had a D&C 2 months ago, but I still couldn't get ds to nurse of lefty. I kept up with expressing. Today, my dh was teasing ds while he was nursing saying that he was going to nurse on lefty, so that "she" didn't feel left off. Ds was giggling like crazy while nursing on right side. Then suddenly came off righty, and switched to lefty and stayed there for about 20 minutes!! :LOL I've been struggling for months with trying to get ds back on lefty, and all it took was a little healthy competition!!

· Premium Member
20,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UGH! Ever since he started showing interest in lefty, lefty is so sore! He actually leaves teath marks in that side, anyone know why he can nurse with a good latck and no problems on one side, but be so rough on the other. What should I do? It is killing me! I really want to go back to just one side, but feel like I should keep on both now that he has started being interested in both. The right side is no problem, can't figure this out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.