Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing ec with my six month old baby pretty much since she was born. We have been having a lot of success and we have really been enjoying it.

But recently she has stopped peeing on the potty. She will still sit happily on the potty when I take her - she doesn't resist at all - but she doesn't pee. And then a minute later she pees in her diaper.

I'm not sure what to do. I have thought about taking a little break but I don't want to lose all the progress we've made. At the same time, we used to catch maybe 10 pees a day and now we catch one or none.

I'm discouraged. I so want this to work but I don't know how to proceed.

Looking for some help from those who have been there and successfully made it thru! Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been doing ec with my six month old baby pretty much since she was born. We have been having a lot of success and we have really been enjoying it.

But recently she has stopped peeing on the potty. She will still sit happily on the potty when I take her - she doesn't resist at all - but she doesn't pee. And then a minute later she pees in her diaper.

I'm not sure what to do. I have thought about taking a little break but I don't want to lose all the progress we've made. At the same time, we used to catch maybe 10 pees a day and now we catch one or none.

I'm discouraged. I so want this to work but I don't know how to proceed.

Looking for some help from those who have been there and successfully made it thru! Thanks!
You can bring a new potty for baby. Babies like new thing, new color and some thing different from previous one. Hope you will get result with new one. >:D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Your baby is doing what many, many EC babies do. Don't lose heart, it is pretty typical and the stage will pass. Keep at it, no matter whether you catch all pees or no pees - it is the process that matters. Keep communicating with her by talking. A new potty is an idea, especially if you can start her on the old one, then say "time to make the new potty wet!" and transfer her to the new one where she may be more likely to go (plus, you've sensitised her to being ready to pee if you talk about the new potty). I bet it would work. But even if it doesn't work, no matter. It will eventually.

There may be totally different, probably developmental things going on for her, and she can only focus on so many things at once in her crazily developing brain! Something she is good at (EC) may get shoved aside in the moment for something else she is working hard on figuring out or learning (concepts, for example). You may not realise until a month later that she was going through this phase. It's pretty darn cool, though.

And try not to think of it as stalled. She isn't stalled; she is just in a particular place in the process and it will continue on forward and she'll move into a new place in the process. If you try to avoid looking at it in a goal-oriented way (maybe you aren't), it will help. :)

Stick to it and keep talking and cueing her, mama!

ETA: Oops just realised this is an old post - I am sure the phase has passed by now!! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts