Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have Always been one of those people that has a 28 day cycle and you can pretty much mark it on the calendar the day I AF will arrive. Any time I have been off birth control, I can always "feel" when I ovulate and notice the EWCM. I have been off the pill since Feb.To give you a little background, my husband told me he wanted to try and to go off the pill, then he kinda had cold feet, so we didn't actively start Trying until last month, so we are in the 2nd cycle of ttc, I am in my tww now. So here is the problem. I have NO idea when I ovulated or even if I did this month ! Seriously ?! We Finally both agree to have a baby and we start trying and then in the 2nd month the symptoms/signs I have ALWAYS had just flipping disappear! I was due to ovulate on the 16th, I decided to go ahead and start taking OPK's starting the 12th just for the heck of it honestly I guess, anyway, it was positive ? Sooo I waited for the EWCM which for me is typically quite a bit but the next day there was just a small amount. Nothing the next 2 days. Took another OPK the 14th, negative, so I figured, I ovulated the 13th and was done. Since I have always been very regular, I decided for the heck of it to take another OPK on the 15th .... Positive ?? seriously? CM was more sticky than anything. Then on the 18th and 19th, I noticed more EWCM... I never had any abdominal discomfort which I ALWAYS ALWAYS have when I ovulate. So I am COMPLETELY confused now. Anyone have any of these issues before ?I did start taking a few new supplements this month but I didn't think it would necessarily have anything to do with it, IDK tho. I started taking DHEA, Vit B6,B12 and a maca supplement in addition to the pre-natal I have been taking for 4 months. So any help or advice or anything would be great at this point. Thanks so much !!

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant to add (if it matters) lol. We BD the 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th and 18th. We both work 12 hr shifts and go figure my fertile week is our 48 hr week and we are both sooo tired so we do what we can :blush

·
Registered
94 Posts
This sounds like my cycle last month! I kept having positive opk throughout my cycle, had ovulation pain at some random point and cervical mucus... whenever lol. And after all I ended up being 6 days late. The only thing that helped was temping, because that told me a. I did in fact ovulate and b. When it was. In my case, I think it was a weird cycle because I hadone a virus I was working through. You may be sick or it could be the supplements. But if you don't temp I would recommend starting because it answers many questions during these crazy cycles!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the same problem. My cycles are always 28 days i can always tell when i ovulate. But as soon as i start paying attention boom everything goes haywire.... i dont get it.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least I'm not alone ! I am wondering if the dhea or maca could have made my cycle be "off" ?? As I said I am always Very regular. Well yesterday I started spotting, got kind of excited and thought Ohh, implantation bleeding perhaps ?! Nope !! The old hag showed up 4 days early. Never happens! What the crap! Should I continue all suppliments and wait another cycle to see how that goes or cut something out now ?? Advice ? suggestions?

We are leaving for the beach Jun 7th, according to my "normal" cycle, I should O on the 11th, soooo it's gonna be a lil' tricky because our 9yo will be on a sleeper sofa in the same room with us. But he is a pretty heavy sleeper tho :eek:.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and Crimson, it's ironic you said something about having a virus or being sick. Lo and behold, I started feeling cruddy thursday and I ended up with a sinus infection and bronchitis!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh and Crimson, it's ironic you said something about having a virus or being sick. Lo and behold, I started feeling cruddy thursday and I ended up with a sinus infection and bronchitis!
Right!? Last cycle, to make it more frustrating, whatever illness I had caused nausea, abdominal cramping and exhaustion, all of which I took for pregnancy signs. Coupled with being late, I felt crazy getting one negative test after another.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't tried temping, I always forget to plus I don't really see temping as very helpfull since your temp goes up after ovulation. I just got my Wondfo ovulation tests in the mail. If my cycle is normal this month, I Should ovulate on the 9th so cross your fingers and pray it's my month ! Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts