Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. I apologize if it isn't.

I am interested in starting a preschool coop. My DD is 2 and she loves story/lesson time in the nursery at our church. I really don't think sending her to preschool is necessary at this time but I think she would love more structured learning time than what she is getting with me. I'd love to gather a small group of families to do this but I have no experience with this nor do I know any families who would be interested. Any ideas?

· Registered
131 Posts
I am new to this forum, but just wanted to chime in and say that a few of the moms in our HS group met on a Yahoo group and formed our own preschool co-op. We just put it out there and filtered through the responses. Now we meet every Friday and do crafts/activities, snacks, and books based on a theme for that week. We always start and end with free play to keep it fun! HTH!

· Registered
570 Posts
Hi,

I am a member of a local hs group here in Florida and we just started the same type of weekly preschool meet-up, based around story time + an activity. We plan to meet at different houses once a week. I am hoping it'll fill our need for doing group stuff so that we (maybe just "I"?) don't feel isolated.

I would recommend seeking out the local groups... some have their own websites, or a tribe within MDC (look at Finding Your Tribe), or a Yahoo type group. More than likely they're out there... if not, you can start one!

· Registered
950 Posts
A few friends and I just started a group like this. We found each other through a few different ways- I met one mom at a local LLL meeting 4 years ago when our kids were babies. I met another through the first mom. Another through a yahoo group. Anyways, I'd try meetup.com, MDC finding your tribe, yahoo groups, LLL, API, local babywearers meetings.

We have only had one meeting so far, since our second was cancelled due to threat of snow storms. But we started with yoga (the kids loved it) and ended with playdough, sand, and sea creature play. We did a byo snack in the middle. It lasted about 2 hours. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun, and my kids have been asking when we can do it again. My kids are 2.5 and 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.