Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in for a progesterone blood test today and they discovered it is low (8.9, I guess below 10 is not good) which we had suspected. I am starting progesterone suppositories 2 times a day and wondered if anyone has experience with these. Did they help you achieve pregnancy? My DH and I have been TTC for about a year and a half, with one pregnancy last winter that ended in miscarriage. I believe low progesterone was the cause and I am hopeful that this treatment will help us get (and stay) pregnant. Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad stuff to say about using progesterone ... any side effects too..?<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
berrymom<br><br>
Mom to DD born 11/03

·
Registered
194 Posts
i use a natural progesterone cream to help prevent miscarriage..<br><br>
i use it every month (inserted into the vagina) starting the third day of a high temp. after a positive opt<br><br>
of course, it makes me feel quite pregnant whether i am or not...which is really the hardest part...<br><br>
with the cream i am using, those are the only side effects i am aware of...<br><br>
i hope this works for you!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi berrymom<br><br>
I was put on progesterone suppositories this last cycle. I was on 100mg of Clomid and my lining was thin and my progesterone was low, 7 I think. It really wasn't as terrible as I had it in my mind that it would be. There was definitely no pain. However, for me there were definite side effects. I was irritable after the first full day of being on it. I was also very tired and my breasts were extremely sensitive and sore. I should also say that they were a bit messy. Overall though, I didn't really feel them once they were in. Unfortunately, I didn't get pregnant but then I'm not really sure it was because my progesterone levels were low or because the suppositories didn't do their job so have faith and good luck! I hope it works for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts