Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My DD is 14 mo and has just begun to really eat solid foods about 3 weeks ago. She is still mostly breast fed. I have done elimination diets with her while she was EBF and we avoid gluten, dairy and legumes. I wanted to stay away from grains with her, but, the only way I could get her to eat was with Happy Baby Gluten Free puffs (rice, apple juice, sweet potato and vitamins). I thought we could start with these and transition into other foods. She also eats coconut flour pancakes, scrambled egg yolks and beef. I'm still working on introducing more foods.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, the first week she did not have a BM for 5 days, I gave her a suppository and she went a lot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then into the 2nd week she didn't have another BM for 4 days, so I gave her another suppository and she went a normal amount. (I was nervous she was in pain because she has been very whinny since starting solids. BUT, she has also cut 2 teeth and has begun working on her 1st molars as well.)</p>
<p>Both times the pooh was thick like peanut butter and a dark orange (and stinky).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2 days later she went on her own and her pooh was green and mucousy. I know this is usually an indication of a food intolerance but I have also read that it is "normal" when baby transitions to solids. That was 2 days ago and we are halfway through the day and no pooh today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, my question is, does this sound like a food allergy or a typical transition into solids thing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!!!</p>
<p>Rachel</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts