Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you or anyone you know (who is willing to share thier name and info with me) has had a forced c-section can you please email me. I will need your full name, the hospital you were at and the doctor performing the surgery [email protected] please put "forced c-section" in the subject line.

I think it would be great to have post your story here as well, I think it can be healing and help light a fire under everyone else.

Oh and this is the beginning of the research that will hopefully end in legislation that prevents a woman of sound mind from being unable to choose the direction of her health care.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good on you for starting this! I hear from so many women in this situation but we're in Australia and that won't help you much

Good luck with it! I'll put it in my birth groups for the US members.

·
Registered
25,064 Posts
Please do some research on this forum; there have been many women here who have come and told their story to us and no longer post because probably, they are too busy with their little ones to post or read here any longer....

Try to e-mail them if you can...

That is actually the problem with the spiralling Caesarean Section Rate. Women are forced into giving up their rights, are medically and physically damaged by the surgery, but they go on with their lives since caring for a little human is so unrelenting that there is little time for other things.

And the OBGYNs go on with their lives performing unnecessary surgery on more women, thereby creating more patients for life.

Nice system.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Some women on an lj community where posted this were concerned that the wording "a woman of sound mind" could be manipulated by OBs... they could always claim that a laboring woman isn't able to think straight. Perhaps there's some way to clarify this in the law?

Am I allowed to post an url to the community if I'm not trying to incite a debate or whatever? These people are very much on our side; I can't imagine this turning into a board war.
Mods, go ahead and yank it if you think it's a problem, but I can't see why.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...th/159657.html

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you soo much!!
That is a really valid point and I would of course have anything and everything looked over by a lawyer before taking it to a legistlator just to look for loop holes and perhaps put in definitions like that.
This is just the VERY beginning of information gathering. I don't imagine I'll have thing solid for a year or so (depends on how busy my other life gets lol)

Thank you for posting this around though!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.