Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to feel huge here. Only 25 wks along. I don't want to be be pg anymore.
I just want this to be over already. I know it's not time yet, but I sure wish it was.

I'm trying to think back, and I think I remember having these feelings with my previous pg's around the sorta-halfway mark. And then I want to say it went away. Anyone else?

· Registered
1,727 Posts
some days i do feel huge, some days i don't.

when i feel like i'm just ready to have the pregnancy be over i remind myself that when they're in there you can't hear them scream! (technically, they're not screaming anyway, so that explains that!)

yeah, they keep you up at night with the kicking and squirming -- but so does my 2-yr-old. yeah, you can't take medicine when you have a wicked cold like i do right now (oh what i'd give for a good dose of nyquil.) yeah, your body gets stiff and achey like an old woman's. etc.

when i find myself feeling that way i try to live in the moment and know that the baby will come soon enough and there will be days i'll look back on being 26 weeks along and miserable and it'll look pretty good compared to being severely sleep deprived with sore nipples and covered in milk/spit up! :LOL

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't take Nyquil? I never took any medications during pg#1 or #2 because I was worried about it (even if they said it was safe). With this #3, I currently am sick and havent been able to sleep hardly at all and i feel HORRIBLE. I asked around and some friends of mine took Nyquil and other cold medicine while pg, and I found an OB/GYN website that said Nyquil was okay after the 1st trimester. I was going to call my doctor but their office was closed for the holidays, and I didn't want to bug him at home.
Anyway, here's the site I found
http://www.obandgyn.cc/FAQs/Medicati...0Pregnancy.htm

Your other points are good too about crying, nursing, spitting up newborns.... but I don't want to do that either!

Guess I got myself into a dilly of a pickle!!
:LOL
I know these feelings will pass. Haha. I guess I'm just feeling upset because I'm starting to get huge, I'm sick, and I haven't been able to sleep.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
dude! you can take nyquil? if i have another night like last night i might break down and have some. last night dh offered to make me a hot toddy (sp?) and i declined even though it sounded divine!!

i'll have to check what my doctor gave me about meds. i just assumed nyquil was so potent it wasn't on the list.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too! I figured it wouldn't be on the list. ...But you know they say you can drink a glass of wine (I wouldn't though), so a little itty bitty cup of Nyquil should be okay.
:

The whole topic came up because I was talking to my friend about how awful I was feeling and how it stunk that all I could take was Tylenol. (I never even took Tylenol during pg #1 or #2, or even non-preg for that matter! But that's how bad I'm feeling.) Then she told me that she remembered that some cold/flu medicines were okay. So that's when i started my search.
I'm sure there are some that oppose (I was one of them), but I just feel sooooooooo awful that the little bit of info that said it was okay was all I needed to hear. It's short term anyway, so it should be fine.

Oh BTW in case you do take the Nyquil, I found it works best on an empty stomach. It didn't work for me otherwise. What a disappointment that was! But taking it on an empty stomach did the trick!

I hope you feel better soon.

· Registered
2,853 Posts
add me to the list of "omg how can i get any bigger." LOL. i am having the hardest time dealing with the fact that i have 15 WEEKS left!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG. there is no way my skin will stretch that much without tearing i know it :LOL.

i'm already having to put away the medium shirts and buy larges, and it's not weight gain cause i've only gained 5 lbs. my belly is so big that the mediums don't cover it all of the way. everything hurts, all of the time, i have constant diarrhea and heartburn. and when the baby rolls it literally takes my breath away. i've said a number of times in the past two weeks that i want this baby out of me NOW. i know i don't really, but this pregnancy has SUCKED and i am at the point where i just don't want to do it anymore. i also noticed ( yesterday) that i'm starting to swell in my hands and legs already, and i've got hemerroids this time ( never had those before, blech). i think i've been cursed, because i had two beautiful pregnancies that i loved every minute of, LOL.

we have bought a house now, and will close in 3 weeks. i can't even imagine moving again in a month. i'm going to be such a useless mass. it's hard for me to do stairs and carry the girls now, how am i going to help with boxes and what not? i've decided mother nature is playing a cruel cruel joke on me :LOL !!!!!!!!!

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aw, danalex, I feel for you!!! You sound slightly worse-off than me. :LOL
Just teasing. I haven't had any problems with hemmeroids and hope not too!!! Heartburn was worse with my other pg's, but I know there's still time left. I think I am just tired of being pg already. And I am starting to dread having to manage three little ones. I think to myself how I have it easy with a 2yr and 4yr old now. And then I'll have a newborn in the house again. I hope this one (#3) will be laid back and easy going! We also have 2 dogs that seem to bark at the worst possible times! I'm sure it'll work out okay. I remember thinking "how will I ever manage two!!" but that worked out okay, so what's one more, right?
<sigh>

· Registered
670 Posts
well, during the day, i am finally ok. i mean, my first trimester symptoms have totally dissapeared (at 24 weeks
: ) and i have energy and can eat most foods. but at night, oh man, i kinda feel how a sea lion looks on land. already i am surrounded by a fortress of pillows, one for my head, one in front of me, one behind me, one between my legs, and if i wasnt out of pilllows already, it'd be about time for me to squeeze one in under my waist to relieve the pressure point on my hips. the other night i had an ache in my back that kept me awake most of the night. and how in the heck am i supposed to turn over? right now i lay on my side, count to three to gather strength, and sort of launch into a push up, trying to flip my belly around to the other side fast before i land on the bed again, hopefully facing the opposite direction. i cant roll onto my back to change sides, because even that split second on my back makes me feel pannicky, like i'm going to get stuck like a rolled turtle. if it wasnt so funny, i'd be very depressed about it. and i have 16 weeks left to grow? how oh how is that possible?
sorry others are having an equally hard time. especially feeling for danaalex right now, moving so much and watching two kids and feeling so huge.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:LOL, sunbaby, you're event of turning over sounds funny!!! Do you really think you'd get stuck on your back? What if you used the same momentum to turn over? Or maybe you could have some one roll you over! :LOL Sometimes when I am laying down a while or in a particular reclining chair, I have a heck of a time getting up! So funny!!

And MAN 24 wks of morning sickness
: OOoooh I'd be really
: about that!! I was upset when I learned with my 1st pg that it wasn'tuntil 12wks, which was what I thought. At 12wk appt with pg1, I was like "whew!" and the Dr said , nope, it usually doesnt end until 14-17wks. And I was like
: because I thought 1st tri = 12wks. :LOL

Oh man, I can't remember if I mentioned this already (& I don't want to go back and check), but I took a bath the other day and really felt like a beached whale in the tub.
If you want to feel really huge, take a bath in a regular-sized tub.

· Registered
2,057 Posts
ok, ok, I'm starting to sympathize with all of you! I will be 26 weeks tomorrow, and while I have had lots of energy & generally love being pg, I do feel like my body is starting to give way a bit! I've been feeling puffier in feet & hands lately (and all the pre-e talk makes me stress over this), and much more tired the last few days. And sleeping in many different beds over the holidays was tricky too&#8230;
And sunbaby! LOL I love your description and sympathize with it too! That's exactly how I feel many nights&#8230;I've realized that the further along I get, the more I just want to sleep on my back, and yet I tend to start feeling breathless pretty quickly&#8230;but I can't tell whether it's just psychosomatic or not. Whatever, I don't last long in that position. Tried to sit up from that position to go pee in the middle of the night last night, bad idea!! For some reason the feeling of my thighs touching is driving me INSANE! And so I try to keep a pillow between them at all times&#8230;but not easy. The only good news in this beached whale picture is that my weight gain seems to have plateaued for at least the past 3-4 weeks, which is encouraging for a change. And dw and I are having lots of fun communing with the kicking baby.

to all of us beautiful beached whales

· Registered
2,587 Posts
I hear ya. I'm almost as big as I was with dd at the very end. How can I get bigger!!! And this time its all belly. Anyone else still throwing up a few times a week?
: Why!? I thought boy pregnancies were easier than girls! With her m/s stopped at 13wks. I'm getting depressed about it now. I just want to feel good, but I'm realizing thats not going to happen til April.

· Registered
2,853 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLang
I hear ya. I'm almost as big as I was with dd at the very end. How can I get bigger!!! And this time its all belly. Anyone else still throwing up a few times a week?
: Why!? I thought boy pregnancies were easier than girls! With her m/s stopped at 13wks. I'm getting depressed about it now. I just want to feel good, but I'm realizing thats not going to happen til April.

i haven't thrown up in a couple of weeks, but i was pretty darn close yesterday. flat coke is about the only thing that makes my tummy feel ok. the diarrhea i'd be happy to do without :LOL. i have been told by a LOT of people that boys give there mommies more trouble when in utero. don't know if that's true because so far i only have girls. but if this babe is a boy then i will have to agree with "those" people who told me that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.