Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with DD and nursing. I'm getting really irritated when she wants to nurse at night. First, I can't sleep through her nursing anymore and she wants to play with my other nipple which really hurts! In fact, nursing is starting to be uncomfortable now. Throw in her acrobatic nursing and it just makes me want to wean. I want to do CLW and I know that DD is not ready to be cut off just yet, but this is starting to get to me. Any tips? Advice? Commiseration?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, I'll have to check that one out. Not sure about being pregnant...if I am, I would be very early.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I remember getting really irritated with dd just after a year because of the gymnasitcs while nursing- it is annoying. My solution was to start having nursing rules. I decided that if dd wanted to continue to nurse, she needed to do it in a way I could stand. So I started insisting she lay still (more or less) while nursing. If she started to stand on her head, I would reach over and make her lay down again, and tell her we lay down/sit still to nurse. I also gave her a doll or stuffed toy to twiddle while nursing instead of me. It took time, but things got better.<br><br>
I think its always better for mom to set limits that make her more comfortable with nursing than to start feeling like you want to wean.<br><br>
Peace,<br>
Laura

1 - 4 of 4 Posts