Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to sart my chart this month...I have been reading about it and understand checking fuids and cervix position, temp..etc It is some of the other stuff and I guess termoinology (?) that confuses me a little...Does anyone maybe have some tips or learned something along the way that helped them...I am just new to this and need a little help.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I got Ovusoft fertility tracking software. That stuff is da BOMB! No paper chart lying around to get lost, messed up, spilled on, chewed by the dog, colored on by the toddler... (I got a really busy house)

You just enter in your data, it keeps track of it and gives you the date it is most likely you ovulated based on your symptoms and the "rules" of fertility awareness/charting.

Plus, you can join the free message board at http://www.ovusoft.com and ask questions about your chart. The software will upload your chart to the web if you want to be able to post a link to it with your questions. Then more experienced charters can give you their opinion. The software also contains info about what your body does in a normal cycle, and includes a basic "primer" on fertility awareness.

Even if you don't end up getting the software, still go look around at ovusoft. There's a LOT of great info there about charting, both for conception and avoiding pregnancy (but the software is only approved by the FDA as "an aid to conception" and is not intended for use as birth control, yadda yadda).

Any other questions? I guess I am confused as to what specifically you want to know about charting? Mostly for me it was just a matter of experience. Really observing my body, and getting to know my own cycle.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
: I'm not trying to confuse you, but check out www.fertilityfriend.com before you spend any $ on ovusoft! I've found it to be so easy to read & use... they have an online charting handbook that should be able to answer a lot of questions, too. I just got the free membership & it's good for charting in general. You get a free 30day VIP which was nice but you don't need all of the features if you don't want to spend the money...
It's really easy once you get started!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried the websites, and also printed out the charts they give you...I guess I am cunfused about the luteal phase...it says it is cycle from O to the onset of new menstration....everyone says that lasts between 12- 16...ok we know that....what about ovulation? I can't figure out how to figure out when it is....and how do I know the luteal phase if I don't know when I O?? Does that make sense??? I'm confused??? Thanks to everyone trying for me..... Thanks mama's HMM

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
You won't know when O actually is unTIL you start charting, by checking temps, cervical mucous and other secondary signals. I would just start charting right now, no matter where you are in your cycle. Do you have a basal body temp. thermometer? You'll understand it a lot more once you get started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.