10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED WITH CORRECT WEBSITE:

www.childwelfare.gov

1. Click on "Child Abuse and Neglect" on the left bar
2. Click on "Defining Child Abuse and Neglect"
3. "Sources of definition of state law"
4. "State Statutes Search"

Click on a state, then go to Step 2 and click on "definitions." Go to bottom of page to submit.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this in the NYS Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention Program Manual:

o Barring a valid religious exemption, if the parent or guardian of any child born to a mother who is HBsAg-positive is unwilling to have the infantimmunized, the health care provider should make a report of suspected child abuse or maltreatment (Section 415 of Social Services Law).

It's important to look at all social services sources in order to be fully informed regarding your state abuse and neglect laws.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Thank you!

There are some scary stats on there, though...like only 840 child abuse cases of NA's, but 921 NA children in foster care.
: And people tell me I am crazy for thinking 'they' were trying to take my babies.

Still searching for the vax info...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've been searching and searching....I still can't find any specific info. Still looking. thanks for the link.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:
For service dates from May 1, 2005, through February 17, 2006, MHCP will reimburse providers for both Boostrix and Adacel (Tdap-90715) vaccines.
• For service dates on or after February 18, 2006, MHCP will pay only the administration fee of $8.50.
I thought some people were saying doctors were not paid to give vaccines? Is the above saying that they ARE paid?

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
it seems for a certain batch in a certain time period they were getting paid.......maybe it was recalled or something else weird.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen
I've been searching and searching....I still can't find any specific info. Still looking. thanks for the link.
Maryland:

Child neglect means the failure to give proper care and attention to a child including the leaving of a child unattended under circumstances that indicate that the child's health or welfare is harmed or placed at substantial risk of harm.

I'll be back with the execeptions.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen
Okay, I've had it! Anyone else getting an error, object not found - for everything!
After you click on "statutes" on the left, if you scroll down it will ask for the name of the state.

ETA: Okay, nevermind - I'm getting a friggin error!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
heres IL

Quote:
Neglected child means any child who is:
Not receiving the proper or necessary nourishment or medically indicated treatment including food or care, not provided solely on the basis of the present or anticipated mental or physical impairment as determined by a physician, or otherwise is not receiving the proper or necessary support or medical or other remedial care as necessary for a child's well-being
Not receiving other care necessary for his or her well-being, including adequate food, clothing, and shelter
A newborn infant whose blood, urine, or meconium contains any amount of a controlled substance or a metabolite thereof
and the exceptions

Quote:
A child shall not be considered abused or neglected if:
The child is a newborn who has been relinquished in accordance with the Abandoned Newborn Infant Protection Act.
The presence of a controlled substance in a newborn is the result of medical treatment.
The child has been left in the care of an adult relative.
The child's parent relies upon spiritual means through prayer for the treatment of disease.
The child is not attending school as required by the School Act

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found the link which lists all the statutes in one pdf, but when I put the link here, it defaults to different page. Ugh.

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:
nothing in this section shall be construed to mean that
a child is neglected solely because the child's parent,
guardian, or other person responsible for the child's care in
good faith selects and depends upon spiritual means or prayer
for treatment or care of disease
or remedial care of the child
in lieu of medical care; except that a parent, guardian, or
caretaker, or a person mandated to report pursuant to
subdivision 3, has a duty to report if a lack of medical care
may cause serious danger to the child's health.
That is good to know!

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:
(5) is medically neglected, which includes, but is not
limited to, the withholding of medically indicated treatment
from a disabled infant with a life-threatening condition.
There is nothing about vaccines nor refusal of antibiotics when my baby was not in a 'life-threatening' situation.
Thank you LongIsland!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry for the interruption, it's just that this kinda stuck out to me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by romans_mum
heres IL

and the exceptions
Quote:
A child shall not be considered abused or neglected if: ...
...The presence of a controlled substance in a newborn is the result of medical treatment.

It's okay if the doctor dopes our children up ...but it's not okay if we chose to keep drugs out of their systems.
:

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen
Sorry for the interruption, it's just that this kinda stuck out to me...

Quote:
A child shall not be considered abused or neglected if: ...
...The presence of a controlled substance in a newborn is the result of medical treatment.

It's okay if the doctor dopes our children up ...but it's not okay if we chose to keep drugs out of their systems.
:
: Good find! That is just insane! If I don't laugh I'll

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alisaterry
I'm getting an error message for Utah. How curious.
Use google and type in "child welfare law Utah" and see if that helps. That is how I found my state.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
It took some looking, but here we go: (I'll skip the abuse section because they were obvious, like drug lab materials in the house or involving a child in a crime)

http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/c...2/r512-202.htm

Quote:
B. Neglect:

1. Medical neglect. This allegation or finding needs to based on the opinion of the child's primary care physician or other licensed medical professional. A parent or guardian may obtain a second opinion to be considered in determining medical neglect, at their own expense. A parent or guardian may obtain a second medical opinion to present for consideration by DCFS, but DCFS is not bound by the opinion and shall consider the totality of the facts.

2. Baby Doe (congenital birth defect that parents or caregiver declines to treat).

3. Failure to thrive, based on the opinion of the child's primary care physician or other licensed medical professional.

4. Neglect of child's physical health.

5. Neglect of child's psychological health.

6. Neglect of child's dental health.

7. Pediatric Condition Falsification (formerly known as: Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy).

8. Physical neglect.

9. Sibling or child at risk.

10. Educational neglect occurs when a child has been frequently absent from school without good cause or that the parent has failed to cooperate with school authorities in a reasonable manner, Sections 62A-4a-101(14)(a)(iv), 62A-4a-101(14)(b), and 78-3a-316.

11. Failure to protect.

12. Non-supervision.

13. Abandonment.

14. Environmental neglect. Physical neglect of the environment such as absence of utilities, home conditions below minimum standards, hazards, etc.

15. Dependency. A child who is homeless or without proper care through no fault of the child's parent, guardian, or custodian. Institutionalization of a parent or guardian who has not or cannot arrange for safe and appropriate care for the child.

C. Court ordered investigation. When a court orders an investigation on a case when the allegation is not one of the categories listed in this rule, the allegation category is court ordered.

D. Availability.

1. CPS Services are available in all geographic regions of the state.
I haven't found anything that mentions exceptions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts