Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Comic Sans MS';">Can anyone please recommend their Pediatrician in S.I.? I just moved here and need to find one before the baby comes. Can you tell me your likes and if any dislikes you may have with him/her? Thank you.</span>

·
Registered
479 Posts
ahhh you're gonna have even more trouble than me i bet. i'm in bay ridge (the part of b'lyn closest to SI) and there's nothing good and no one good near me either.<br><br>
good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I sort of have someone for both of you - I use Gabriel Pediatrics, which have offices in both Bay Ridge and SI (Bulls Head section). I see Demetrios Gabriel and Calegora Perrone there. They are not crunchy, but have been very supportive about bf'ing and have never said anything bad about co-sleeping. They do vax, but will delay if you wish. My son is not circ'd and I get the impression that's no biggie to them either. The worst thing is that the info sheet you'll get at every well visit is pretty conservative - it seems to be an office staple written years ago. I just ignore it. HTH.<br><br>
Oh, but they are into antibiotics. That doesn't present a problem for me but may for some.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Dr Burton Banner is tolerant of not vaxxing, breastfeeding supportive as far as I can tell. I don't share more than is necessary LOL. Not too pushy for meds and such, and he will actually get on the phone with you if needed. Just NEVER see his backup on Saturdays LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I second Dr. Banner. He's great. Okay with no-vax, very pro-bf, non-circ is fine and he won't retract foreskin!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
When are you due? I am also in Staten Island and due in August.<br><br>
My sister's friend said she had an excellent pediatrician when she lived in Staten Island, a woman who was not quick to medicate and used natural methods where possible. She didn't remember the name and promised to get it from her MIL.<br><br>
When I get it, I will post it here for you also.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Ahhh, I just noticed the date of your post. You probably made a choice by now. Hope it worked out well for you!<br><br>
I'll still post what I find for future pediatrician-seekers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts