Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old, an online student, and 6 months pregnant. I feel so burnt out. I dread each day; I look forward to bedtime. Where do I even begin? I can’t keep the house clean, feels like I am always in the kitchen cooking meals and laundry always needs to be done. My son stays busy in everything and he won’t listen, the moment I try to clean or complete a task, he is right behind my every move that it becomes exhausting, and I just give up. He is even lazy, he thinks I am suppose to bring everything to him, which I blame my husband for because he models this behavior; he can be so lazy; sometimes it’s like having 2 children and one on the way instead of one child and one on the way. Although he does have two jobs, sometimes I regret him being home at times because all he does is put more work on me; he won’t move from the couch. I just feel like being a parent is a never ending job, I am home with my son from morning to past midnight every day.

I even changed his sleep schedule to accommodate my husband’s schedule just so he can see him before he goes to bed, so now each night he goes to bed between 1am and 2am and wakes up at 12pm, each day, which is about the same time I am getting out of bed. He used to be in bed by 10pm and up by 10am and have at least a 2 hour nap each day. Now I am even lucky if he takes a nap at all. My goal is to wake up early so maybe I won’t feel so stressed out during the day but that doesn't work I seem to fall right back to sleep and before I know it, its noon. I am becoming bored with parenting, home alone every day is not fun. I could take the bus and visit my parents, but even getting myself dressed and my son dressed is a drag, I get so fed up with him not listening that by the time we are dressed I don’t even feel like going anywhere. Right now just thinking about going somewhere as simple as to the store, seems like a tedious task.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Girl I know!
And if your husband is like mine...he is breezing through this pregnancy in a been there done that haze when it totally isn't.

Please allow me to lovingly kick you in the head:
Take a look around the house...this is the cleanest or about the level of clean it will be for the next 6 months. Then although you will try to buck my prophecy, it will look slightly worse (yet more hygienic) for 6-9 months after that...and by the time that second one is walking...an eternity from now...the sun will come out...it will, I swear. It's okay. You are one woman...currently sharing your body and existence with a whole other person, responsible for keeping another little person alive.

Advice section:
Make everyone pay a price of admission. Cleaning or casserole. Simply because you need the help.

Don't burn the candle at both ends.

Although you don't think so...get more sleep.

Also I found a smoothie with banana, oj, and protien powder or yogurt at about 2:30pm was nice (no honey or sugar). It might help you get through that afternoon hump with a little more grace.

My son was a months younger than yours now.
Take a pair of leggings and tshirt, or socks, cover it in that car driving tape (especially over the sore parts of your body) and have him drive cars over it. Amazing. Teach him to run a rolling pin over your back or tennis balls with his feet. Teach him to love you how you need. He will still be...2...but one where for three minutes at a time he will love you tenderly.

You can so rock this one!
Hugs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mamaprovides provided far more beneficial info than I could have come up with, but I just wanted to say that this sounds somewhat like my life about two years ago. Except I wasn't an online student. I was just a SAHM with a hubby who was a student at the time (he's since graduated and actually making some money from what he's learned, thank goodness), preg with #2 and feeling so very exhausted that I could hardly imagine getting my 2-year-old son dressed and out the door to do anything at all. DS was difficult to potty train and every time he had an accident, I felt I was doing something wrong. About a million times a day, I wondered if I was a bad mother who couldn't keep the house clean, cook decent meals or raise a well-behaved child. We lived in a place where I had no friends and only MDC to keep me company and sane. Going to the grocery store a couple of times a week and the occasional visit to my parents' an hour's drive away were my only outings. I can honestly say that it has gotten better-- much better-- since then. I'm still wiped out and overwhelmed at times, but far less so than even a few months ago. We live in a better place, back in my home town and closer to my family for support. Our 1-year-old girl is walking and has already proven to be quite helpful around the house. Our 4 year-old-son is not so tidy but is far better at entertaining himself these days, and we are starting to have real conversations. I feel that I'm finally approaching the stage of parenting where it's a lot more fun, and a lot less tedious and exhausting.
So, hang in there. It does get better. I'm just saying this because I wish more people had told me this when I was where you are at now!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Love the video! Our living room and kitchen often look like that 5 minutes after I clean up. As my back is turned, cleaning up one mess, they are right behind me making another. Ack! It can be crazy-making when it goes on like this all day long. Thank god it's spring and we can just go outside when it gets to be too much.

Teamfamilywall, best wishes on your blog. I don't know how most moms find the time to create them, but I'm grateful for their efforts!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know if I can give you any advices, but I feel that I can relate to what you are living now. It's not easy to be the only one spending time with a child and it can get you very tired and depressed. If your hubby can't help and probably feels he is doing enough by working two jobs, maybe you can ask your parents to help a bit with the child? Like spending some time with him so you can go shopping or just do something for yourself?

p.s. Just forget about a clean house, it won't happen for quite some time now. Setting unrealistic goals like this can't help, so just relax and take it one day at a time!

Good luck and God bless!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts